Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sry to ask again but i want to get iridium plugs for my 07 vn 900 and ever part number i gave him didnt work, he orders from parts unlimited. here the list of what i gave him.

1.cpr7eaix-9 didnt work
2 9198 didnt work
3. the other cr number i looked up here dont rember but didnt work

1.imr9a-9h worked not sure if right plug 10bucks a plug at cost.

number he had not sure if right plug
2103-0062

really dont know what plug to get but dont want to order the wrong one

·
Registered
424 Posts
I have used the Iridium plugs for about a year now and they work great. The dealer will not have them and parts unlimited is not a seller for NGK. The correct NGK part number is CPR7EAIX-9.

Order them from http://sparkplugs.com shipping is supper fast, like 3 days. If you order a box, 4, they are $10 each, order 2 and the price is 11.50 (they have to open the box to send). Shipping is supper fast, got mine in 3 days.

I ordered the box and have a pair to change out to.

Ride safe and stay out of the white stuff.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ditto on John's comments. They are fast with shipping and was the ONLY place I could find the Iridum plugs for the VN900

·
Registered
171 Posts
Just changed the plugs in my 900 with approx. 9000 miles on them and they still looked great. Did have to adjust the fuel processor because they looked like the engine was running a little lean. Plugs would have lasted easily for another 2 or 3 thousand miles. I decided to go back with the original plugs. Couldn't justify spending 3 times the money on plugs when the OEM ones seem to be holding up so well. I did consider the iridium ones until I saw how good the old plugs looked.

·
Registered
451 Posts
+1 with johnwh48. I changed out the original plugs at 8K. The originals were the proper color, and the electrodes looked new. In the future, I'll look at them before I buy replacements.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I had my plugs changed out at 12k while they were doing a valve check. The mechanic suggested I take them with me because they really didn't need to be changed. When I looked at them I had to agree. What's the attraction for Iridium plugs? I've never heard of them.

·
Registered
941 Posts
They are supposed to burn cleaner. Plus they are supposed to last forever. Like as in they should be the last plugs the bike will ever need. Thats what "they" say at least.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts