Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the cobra powerflow on my intake. With the cobra power pro and hk straight pipes. But I have been reading on here down falls of the powerflow. Are these intakes any good??? Does any one have proof they are good or bad?

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,856 Posts
I have the cobra on my bike. If you have opened up the intake and the out flow your gonna need a fuel tuner. I have enjoyed mine. it looks good and give it a little extra.

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
the stock ecu does not have enough built in "range" to compensate for the increase flow of air while offering the same amount of fuel .... you will need a fuel processor .... I use a cobra FI2000 power pro auto tuner .... it self adjusts on the fly, can be ridden at any elevation and weather condition and does not require dyno tuning. It is not the cheapest, but by the time you add in all the other things you have to do with a non auto tuner unit, it works out around the same cost, but has more flexibility ....BTW ... it is a relatively easy install, IM a mechanical "nudnik" and could do it myself.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As stated above I have the power pro installed :) I'm asking if the power flow is sufficient or if there is better ones

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Air + fuel + a processor = hp ...... what could be bad.

·
BOTM Winner, February 2015
83 Posts
I can't speak to the other intakes but I have the Cobra and am very pleased. I also have the Cobra auto tune processor and V&H staggered/slashed pipes. They all work together very well. Love it!

·
Registered
529 Posts
You have all the air those little throttle bodies are ever going to flow. Some folks might have had better luck by 1or2 peak HP on a particular day with a different filter on a dyno, but you will never know the difference. Plus if you are at all "restricted" you will just make more power down low which is a good thing. If you like the looks and are happy with your purchase, the grass is not any greener sir

1 - 9 of 9 Posts