Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve just installed a new Garmin Zumo 590. My intention was to have a hassle-free install by using the Kawasaki GPS mount for the Voyager and a proper motorcycle GPS unit. With the awesome advice of the forum members I was able to locate the correct wires behind the headlight and make the connections with bullet connectors and heat shrink tubing, etc., but where I’m a bit confused/disappointed was how the Zumo mounts to the Kawi mount, it looks like crap the way it doesn’t sit flat on the plate!

Am I missing something here? I’d appreciate any advice. Short of using a nut or standoff to fill the gap, should it be like this?

Thanks for any ideas!

Attachments

·
Registered
324 Posts
GPS Adaptor (K53020-404) required for Zumo® GPS

It takes a plastic spacer about a 1/4 or 3/8" thick. I made my own and picked up some longer bolts. I don't recall the price of that Kawasaki spacer but I do remember thinking Holly Sh__! LOL

·
Registered
2012 Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that, I missed that one part in all of my research! Besides the fact that they want $50USD for the part, nobody seems to have it in stock anyway, it seems like they almost intentionally screw themselves at every turn on their accessories. They likely don't stock it because nobody buys it, no s#it Sherlock, we're all smart enough to see that you're trying to sell us a flat piece of plastic (mfg. cost $2 with the 4 holes) for $50. Thanks for your help on this, off to Fastenal to get some s/s screws and spacers!

·
Registered
324 Posts
I ended up lowering my Zumo so I could see the stereo display. I used the lower set of holes on the Kaw bracket and drilled 2 holes lower to mount the GPS about an inch lower.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts