Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my belt adjusted the way I want and no more belt noise!
I adjusted it with the wheel OFF the ground. I set the tension to 8mm and the belt runs about 1/8" from the inner side of the rear pully.
Question
How wide is the stock belt? I would like to know if mine has worn at all from rubbing on the outer lip of the pulley.
Mine is a 2007 Classic
Also........What kind of belt life can I expect?

·
Registered
529 Posts
I can tell you that folks get lots of miles out of one of those belts if they are setup correctly. Similar to the mileage one might expect with a belt on your car engine. Maybe a bit less.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I have seen these belts with over 50,000 miles on them. They have a recommended time to change them but I can't remember what the Tech told me. I can't get mine to track more than a 1/16" off the outer flange, runs good there with out any noise.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Archer is moving on. I remember when he joined us here a short time ago and now he is over 500.
Way to go Archer always fun and informative.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Archer is moving on. I remember when he joined us here a short time ago and now he is over 500.
Haha, yea I noticed that. Just got there today. I don't think I got my bike until march this year. Hopefully things will slow down a bit some time next year. Still have a few custom mod's left that I will need to talk about!!!

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
He's just a blabber mouth :p

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
He and I got our bikes just a couple of weeks apart. I think that equates to a couple years for most folks on this forum (from a posting perspective). ;)

I tried keeping up with him by posting more and more, but I lost that race a long time ago. Now I am content to be a follower because I know he's likely to ask a question or start a thread long before I think of it. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I finally got my belt adjusted the way I want and no more belt noise!
I adjusted it with the wheel OFF the ground. I set the tension to 8mm and the belt runs about 1/8" from the inner side of the rear pully.
Question
How wide is the stock belt? I would like to know if mine has worn at all from rubbing on the outer lip of the pulley.
Mine is a 2007 Classic
Also........What kind of belt life can I expect?
The belt is 21mm wide.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts