Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nuff said. Bike is a right off. First insurance claim in 31 years.
Now I'm in a dilemma. I made the mistake of sitting on a 1700 lt. Crazy bike with 108ft/lbs of torque. Air shocks in the back, well, I'm in love. That being said I am COMPLETELY satisfied with the 900. What to do.....what to do. The best thing about getting the 9 again...or advancing to the 17 is getting to stick around here and learn.
Regards.Silenthill.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Oh boy...now you went and did it!!! Sat on a 1700 and started drooling. Well, here's the secret. If you say out loud 37-46 times, "I love my 900 and nothing can ever replace it", you should be OK. If you say it less, you lack conviction and if you say it more then you lack faith... Bottom line......_______________________!!!

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Exactly why I laugh at all those folks who ride in shorts... aside from the dangerous potential for massive road rash if the bike goes down, imagine an angry hornet in the undies!!! Good luck on your bike decision... that's a tough one to make!

Like bones, my advice would be to get the _____________________!!!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Maybe you can hang one of these from your handlebars or mount it on your sissy bar...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Been There

Happened a long time ago with bumblebee, ever since I carry four thin strips of velcro in my pocket to lock down sleeves, use 'em when it's cold, or tie down rain pants to seat strap

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to over 1200 dollars worth of leathers, boots and helmets, my wife and I came through virtually unscathed. The bike, unfortunately, took the brunt of the experience. In retrospect, upon reflection, shortly before the hornet up the sleeve trick my wife and I stopped at a park, took off our leathers and relaxed for awhile. When I put my leathers back on I believe said hornet was residing IN my jacket. It began to sting me no less than a mile from the park. I calmly...ahem...disengaged from traffic, pulled off to the shoulder of the road (which promptly gave way) and down we tumbled.
Moral of the story?
1.Shake jackets/gear out on hot sunny days after they have been laying around in the grass.
2.Beware of loose/non existent areas on the side of the road.
3.Attach hornet trap to bikes handlebars (courtesy of Rollingbones).

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am 90% sure I will get another 900. I love and miss my bike.

·
Registered
246 Posts
The cavity sometimes found beneath the tar is know as an undercut on this side of the dam ( South Africa) and is one of the reasons why no biker will ride close to the edge.
On the hornet note in South Africa we have a little bee called Loosely the Mad or Crazy bee i got 4 in my jacket one day ( Jacket was half way open as it was 40' c outside) man when my chest started burning i started rubbing and that just drove them nuts, these little suckers can sting you a thousnd times if given the chance and unlike a normal bee sting, there venom burns like you won't believe. Was the fastest i ever pulled over and got undressed right there. HAHA you gotta love biking

·
Registered
59 Posts
Know your dilemma...was looking at the Vulcan 2000 this weekend. That is a beast of a bike. Talk about torque...I'm in lust! Would keep the 900, but would have to sell the Yamaha Roadstar.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Had a bee fly inside my helmet and ended up in my ear was two miles from an ER and had it removed still don't know why it didn't sting me, Dr's couldn't believe it but it about drove me crazy buzzing in there. Whatever bike you get you won't be disappointed I ride the 1700 Classic LT

·
Registered
246 Posts
I once got one up my left nostril it was also the quickest i whipped of my helmet stuck my finger up my right nostril and blew much to the hilarity of passers by, the little bugger stung me for my trouble though, and no i'm not allergic. It was nothing a good shot of Jack couldn't sort out.
I also once got hit by a huge ass owl much to my shock and surprise i mean this thing had a wing span wider than what my VN is long.
I've also had a 700 lb Kudu (antelope) jump on my wifes car while i was driving it

·
Registered
782 Posts
I was following a sport bike on a mountain road once. The mountain was on the left and the road curved into it. The hawk had targeted a mouse on the outside edge of the left hand curve. I saw the hawk go between the rider and his own windshield to grab the mouse. By some miracle the rider hung on. Although he stopped at the very next parking area to clean his shorts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts