Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am riding a 2018 Vulcan Voyager ABS I absolutely love it the only issue is when sitting on the bike I am on the balls of my feet which makes me very uncomfortable, I have dropped it once already. does anyone know if there is a way to lower the inseam about an inch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will i need to modify the saddle bag brackets? I have looked at this but could not find them for anything above 2011 and all stated that saddle bag bracket will need to be modified

·
Registered
49 Posts
On my 2012 Vaquero the stock seat seems 1/2 to 3/4" smaller than the
Kawasaki Gel Touring Seat.
I have 2 seats because I was going to CARVE out one seat.
Lower the seat ( and I'm 6')
Ad a Gel Bad also.

GOOGLE it......if your so inclined there are 5-6 websites and at least 3 videos
on altering your own seat.
A staple gun MAY be the only tool - (I am to cheap)

·
Registered
17 Posts
hey guys you know just a thought about lowering your bike ,,if you are consider different shocks on the back ,,progressive makes model 430 for our bike and depending on on model 430 you get they come in different lengths 13, 12,11 inch just something to think about

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
418 Posts
I'm 5"5, well maybe, with 29 inch inseam. My Harley Electra Glide is a huge bike. Riding boots with a thicker sole works great for me. No alterations to bike and much better footing. I own several pair, they have a two inch heal and look like any other boot. You can go to Harley website and sort by heal size, there's something like 20 plus different ones.

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
I'm not an aggressive rider, but I still scrap the Voyager's floorboards on occasion. Lowering the bike itself would make it worse. I suggest going with the seat options as opposed to lowering the bike.

Reactions: PrivatePilot

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey if you are looking to do something with your seat or a new seat I am in ft lauderdale fl ,, I have a guy down here I have know for years and he owns a shop at the airport and does aircraft seats and he did mine ,, he does different types of foam and mixes them in layers to give you what you are looking for here is a couple pictures of my seat .

Attachments

·
Registered
631 Posts
Hey coolaid
Nice job on the seat.
How does it compare with the stock seat in terms of comfort and ease of long distance in the saddle?

·
Registered
631 Posts
yeah it looks fantastic.

I've seen some Corbin seats that look really nice but they were as hard as rock. That's why I asked about the comfort.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Try a Corbin seat.

I bought one for my Voyager a few weeks back because I wanted a different shape versus the stock of the factory gel, both of which really bothered my inner thighs after a few hours in the saddle.

The Corbin is much harder, don't get me wrong. It takes some adjustment, no question. It is not a plush seat, but it is wider and more supportive. For those who ride hard and long, a harder seat is actually better in many respects versus a super plush option. I had an wide Ultimate seat on my former bike that wasn't much softer than the Corbin and I did many iron butts on that seat in perfect comfort.

And for shorter riders, the Corbin is ideal on the Voyager as it is significantly lower than either the stock or the gel seats. I'm 6' so I wasn't exactly on my tip toes with the gel seat the bike came with, but I also didn't exactly feel perfectly ideally stable either when stopped. With the Corbin I'm now flat footed with even a little bend at the knee when stopped.

The Corbin also moves you further back away from the handlebars which for me was more comfortable as my arms fall more naturally to the controls now.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts