Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....the stock Vulcan seat feels great ! Put on 3k miles in the last month, and I have no complaints about the seat, coming from the vinyl covered piece of plastic that are sport bike seats :D

·
Registered
382 Posts
the stock ninja 650r seat isn't much worse than the stock vn900 seat. Neither are great, and after about 2 hours the ninja is making my butt sore. About the same and my lower back is sore on the vulcan... my lower back is not supported by the 'backrest' as I have shorter legs lol. Still not really all that padded. Upgrading to a Mustang seat.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
For me, owning a cruiser is conducive to frequent stops. I have no need for a "better seat".
Stopping to smell the roses is why I bought this fine machine.
And stop I do, roughly about every 45 minutes....lol

·
Registered
42 Posts
.....the stock Vulcan seat feels great ! Put on 3k miles in the last month, and I have no complaints about the seat, coming from the vinyl covered piece of plastic that are sport bike seats :D
LOL...I agree. All my buddies think I have an iron butt, but after 20+ yrs on a Ninja, the Vulcan seat feels like I'm sitting on a pillow. The only complaint is the backrest. It doesn't give a lot of support.

·
Registered
657 Posts
What can I say... I have a ride-in appt with Russell Day-Long Saddles in October. Then my toosh will be happy. A bit pricey, but I've had this caboose for almost 56 years and I figure that loyalty should be rewarded, especially on a long ride!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think the seat on my custom 09 is ok.. I am just used to being able to lift my butt up an stretch a bit but on the Vulcan I cant. Pegs are too forward.. Still outlast my R6 though.. I like it..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts