Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone made the trip to Americade in Lake George, New York? I live in Windsor, Ontario and was wondering if it is worth the 1000 km ride?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Defiantly worth the trip but I'm biased I was born 8 miles down the road from Lake George. Seriously I am going again, 550 miles for me to get there, fortunately I have family there I can stay with and don't have to try and find a hotel. There is a group of us that go and with me leading we do some great rides through the mountains going as far as Old Forge and Blue Mountain.

It will be crowded though so if you go be careful and be safe!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
113 Posts
Americade is fantastic! (I live a couple hours away, so might be biased as well :) However, the number and variety of bikes is incredible, the riding's great and Lake George is fun... a bit "touristy", but fun... I usually ride in/out a couple of days and don't stay in a hotel... Some years I've packed a lunch, gone up and just wandered around the parking areas to look at all the bikes (this took a few hours!).

I've bought a good number of accessories (Mustang seat, for example) and riding gear there over the years, just because there's such a good selection to choose from and I could try stuff on, etc. I can't say much about hotel costs, but since you might not know the area -- while there's tons of places to stay right in Lake George don't neglect Glens Falls or Saratoga Springs for hotels. They're ~25 and ~45 min south (respectively) of the main action in Lake George, but may have better prices.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts