Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fitted a ambient air temp gauge? If so what type and how much. The couple I've seen are selling for around three hundred plus. This seems a lot for a thermoset when some basic gauges air oil and speed start at $35 and go up.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Like I always tell my wife, it doesn't matter what the temperature is, it is how you feel that matters. This time of year the 80s are brutal. In September the 80s will be a relief.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Like I always tell my wife, it doesn't matter what the temperature is, it is how you feel that matters. This time of year the 80s are brutal. In September the 80s will be a relief.
No joke! I was sweating the other day and just miserably hot, but last year after that 100+ heat wave we had for a couple weeks, low 90's felt amazing!

As far as OP's question, I've looked too and it seems like your options are either expensive or cheap, nothing in the middle. Either those nice $300+ gauges, or a cheap digital one that you could mount somewhere. I just want a reasonably priced analog dial gauge that'll look good on the bike! But I've not found one. (I want other gauges first anyway)

·
Registered
169 Posts

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,855 Posts

80's are brutal???????? I'm facing 100-103 in just a couple of months.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The only problem is that one does not fit a 1 1/4 inch handlebar on a voyager.I had these on other bikes and they look and work great but I have not been able to find one to fit our bikes.
That's a pity it looked ok. I've never seen this unit apart from the shop photos but I have some plasti chrome adaptors from a cup holder that might make a difference What do you think

·
Registered
320 Posts
That's a pity it looked ok. I've never seen this unit apart from the shop photos but I have some plasti chrome adaptors from a cup holder that might make a difference What do you think

Not sure what your adapters are but if they are just different size sleves,they will not work.The problem is the half cut out metal base is machined for a 1 inch bar max.And it uses an allen set screw to lock it on the bar.the only other part that comes off is the actual temp gauge itself, as it press fits in the housing and is removable to get at the set screw.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not sure what your adapters are but if they are just different size sleves,they will not work.The problem is the half cut out metal base is machined for a 1 inch bar max.And it uses an allen set screw to lock it on the bar.the only other part that comes off is the actual temp gauge itself, as it press fits in the housing and is removable to get at the set screw.
Fair enough thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have a matching set of temperature and a clock from www.clocks4bikes.com.
The are amazing looking and accurate. They have a Three year warranty, even if you lose them or if their stolen. Their prices are very affordable and you get a hand written thank you for the order. Does't get any better!

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
I bought my illuminated face thermometer from www.clocks4bikes.com also, nice product and warranty, looks good on the bike and temp is accurate. Fits our 1 1/4" bars just right.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I bought my illuminated face thermometer from www.clocks4bikes.com also, nice product and warranty, looks good on the bike and temp is accurate. Fits our 1 1/4" bars just right.
Well I bit the bullet and bought one today I won't be able to try it until end on June but I'll let you know how the Voyagers heat affects it. thanks all

1 - 16 of 16 Posts