Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had signal light problems and after a search here, I did what others did to fix the light that doesn't come on. All I had to do was spray the bulb base with Brakleen, wipe it dry, and wiggle the bulb. It worked!

·
Registered
117 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me the amount of info found on this board, and others. Truly a site with which I'm proud to be associated.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I had signal light problems and after a search here, I did what others did to fix the light that doesn't come on. All I had to do was spray the bulb base with Brakleen, wipe it dry, and wiggle the bulb. It worked!
I would go a step further and go to the auto parts store and buy some dieletic grease and put on the bulb base.Every time you take a plug or wire loose put a little grease on them.This will help keep corrosion down.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Shadaarlogath: Also amazed at the grammatical correctness of your answer. In a few words and sentences, you gave a quick English usage and punctuation lesson. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
This forum is a great resource

The one thing that I noticed between the Kawasaki dealership I bought my bike from and the Harley-Davidson dealerships was the Buzz and customer service. I bought my helmet, boots, gloves from a Harley dealership and I noticed all of the activity from people talking to the service department about technical issues and customizing. A fellow Vulcan owner in a group that I ride in told me about this forum, and I'm glad he did.

I really like this forum, because I can ask advice from people who have my same bike, so now I feel like I can get the same thing from this site that I could get at a Harley dealership, without having to overpay for a cool bike.

The Kawasaki dealership, where I bought my bike, also sells other brands, and many different types of recreational toys, 4 wheelers, dirt bikes, jet skies, and sport bikes.

Whenever I would go in for parts or have a technical questions, they weren't much help.

·
Registered
117 Posts
@Shadaarlogath: Also amazed at the grammatical correctness of your answer. In a few words and sentences, you gave a quick English usage and punctuation lesson. :)
Thank you. I think I should avoid writing anything additional as it might ruin my perfect record! :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
This forum saved me several trips to the dealer while the bike was under warranty.
My favorite example was just tightening the hose clamp on the rear cylinder to stop the coolant leak. At the time I was not sure what the source of the leak was. I ordered O-rings at that time just in case but have not had to use them yet.

Thanks to all of you for the great info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts