Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the snow finally melted, the sun stayed out all day and the temps topped 50, the wife and I rolled the V2K out, left her 900 in, going to ride to Erwin,TN to feed carrots to three horses who hang out under the McDonald's billboard alongside I-26.

AFTER rolling it out, she hopped on, I just KNEW I was forgetting something: my helmet.

It sucks to get old

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
If y'all want to feed horses, I've got a dozen eating me out of house and home. Help your self!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As I'm reading your post, it's been some 2 hours since we got back, still have my do rag on my head, forgot to take it off and leave it in the saddlebag, and I'm only 61. Maybe I need to be looking at trikes soon.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
You can bring as many carrots as you want! My "welfare" horses aren't picky, and don't know when to step away! Lol
Oh, and helmets are optional here, so if you forget where you put it...

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi Mark
61? You're just a kid... I have a few years on you. I'm looking forward to a sidecar or "Leg Up" training wheels! But not yet... :)
WEG

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,855 Posts
Now that the snow finally melted, the sun stayed out all day and the temps topped 50, the wife and I rolled the V2K out, left her 900 in, going to ride to Erwin,TN to feed carrots to three horses who hang out under the McDonald's billboard alongside I-26.

AFTER rolling it out, she hopped on, I just KNEW I was forgetting something: my helmet.

It sucks to get old
Thought you were going to say you forgot your wife. Now that we would understand.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Uh, hmm, how can I put this. If I forgot my wife, I would not still be around to share this incident with ya'll. Trust me, dynamite DOES come in small packages. I know, I married one.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Uh, hmm, how can I put this. If I forgot my wife, I would not still be around to share this incident with ya'll. Trust me, dynamite DOES come in small packages. I know, I married one.
I know that one! Isn't it amazing that such fire can come is such a little package? Sheesch. However, after near 34 years I guess she's going to keep me anyway...

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Eight years ago when we first married, the wife's daughter held up her mom's ponytail, said "see this birthmark right here? (on the back of her neck). "Yes, what about it?"

"When mom gets REALLY mad, it turns bright red."

I told her daughter, "if she's THAT mad, I don't wanna have to get that close to find out what color it is."

Would your wife be one of "those?"

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
With mine, her whole face turns bight pink. Thankfully it's never been aimed at me! It was always one or both of the kids. I just run and make myself scarce. If she wasn't so good lookin', smart, such a great cook, and understanding of my bike obsession I might look for a younger model. Naw. I wouldn't want to have to go through the break in period the new one would put me though. She's still the best thing that has ever happened to me...

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can relate to that last sentence. I spent some 6 years secluded in the deep woods of rural MS, praying about that matter. Barbara is the answer to those years of prayers and I've got enough sense to know it and will be the first to admit it.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Yep. A good woman is hard to find and worth all the work to keep. Mine, Judy, has been my Godsend and I'm thankful every day that we found each other. Now, about her kids.... LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts