Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm almost at 1,000 miles on my new Vaquero. It's going to be great being able to take her above 4500 on the tach

My whole life I've been riding supersports....any insight from other Vaquero owners on what to expect when I start riding her harder.....what RPM's do you guys shift at?

BTW, my cruise control is already not working....taking a drive to the stealership tomorrow

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
cool,dont have a tach all by feel,some members here have had issues w the cc,urs should be covered,great bikes right??

·
Registered
328 Posts
My cc rear brake switch wasn't adjusted right from the factory. A couple of twists of a wrench fixed it. That was 19,000 miles ago and no problems since.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Bought mine used last year. On the way home from the dealership I noticed the cruise didn't work. Turned out the front brake switch was missing completely. Wires just hanging there. Ordered a new switch from Bike Bandit and it's been working perfectly ever since.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Normal driving I shift btwn 2500 & 3500. Highway sometimes much higher. Good you kept it low for 600 breakin, keeps from sumping junk up into the motor via oil, which causes some to use oil forever 1/2 qt. Per 1000. My Nomads doing great at 2800.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very frustrated with the weather this summer. I don't like riding in the rain and here it is, another rainy weekend 😠

·
Registered
181 Posts
Phew! Try smoking hot 99 and 92% humid. Ok at 70, but bad at stoplights.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
When the wind in my face feels like it's coming from a blow dryer, it's time for the comfort of my truck AC. Even the Monkey Butt powder has a hard time dealing with those temps

·
Registered
181 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
I shift at 2500 RPMs during leisurely rides, closer to 4k when I'm gettin' on it. I've got 6+k on her now, doesn't burn oil, rides great!

It's a bit startling when you hit the wear bars on the underside of each floorboard. I've only done it once, but I've hit my shoes when riding pigeon-toed.

I went on a ride yesterday where I was in 4th gear, at a steady 50mph going out and 55 or 60 coming back. Went through a series of longer corners, some in succession, and never let up, just leaned a bit harder if I was starting to go wide :D

What a great ride :D

-John

·
Registered
48 Posts
I’m at 932 miles (1500km) on ours now. Taking it to the mountains in a couple weeks. Can’t wait. No issues to-date. First service done. Sport bikes all our life too. First cruiser and loving every minute. Trying frantically now to figure out power points before the trip. Was just about to post a thread on it.

Congrats man!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks to all for the great comments. Just got in from another fun ride on the Vaq. I'm 29 miles under 1k. Couldn't resist taking her up to 4-4.5 on the tach. Third gear seems to have a sweet spot in that range. Another 50 miles or so and I'll start riding her harder.

Now I just got to get the cruise control fixed and decide on which windshield to buy.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Thanks to all for the great comments. Just got in from another fun ride on the Vaq. I'm 29 miles under 1k. Couldn't resist taking her up to 4-4.5 on the tach. Third gear seems to have a sweet spot in that range. Another 50 miles or so and I'll start riding her harder.

Now I just got to get the cruise control fixed and decide on which windshield to buy.
Awesome!

I can't recommend the Clockwerks 12" recurve windshield enough. My dealer installed it as part of the deal, and I've loved it since day 1. Keeps the vast majority of wind off of you, but you still get a little breeze. Tall enough I can ride it and wear a half helmet and be comfortable, and I'm only 5'8" tall.

-John

1 - 18 of 18 Posts