Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have had severe allergy/asthma issues my whole life. I took the shots from the time I was 4 up until I was about 16, after that oral medication. I am no where near as bad as I used to be but still have a reaction from time to time. Mostly sinus and eyes swelling. Sometimes it start to hit in my throat and swell up, but not often.

Just as a topic of conversation, who else has issues with this and what do you do when out riding. Riding with a full face helmet and being sure to not skip a day on my meds is about all I do anymore, but before I used to use a bandana and goggles and just tough it out.

Registered
I've had sinus surgery. Done the shots. Tried every spray and pill both presc and OC. I have just given up and tough it out. I only use mask cutting the grass. I drink lots of water, coffee, avoid dust, I had a coughing fit today after taking an outside walk. Throat was closing up. That's ok! I'm ready to die馃榿馃槢

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I've had sinus surgery. Done the shots. Tried every spray and pill both presc and OC. I have just given up and tough it out. I only use mask cutting the grass. I drink lots of water, coffee, avoid dust, I had a coughing fit today after taking an outside walk. Throat was closing up. That's ok! I'm ready to die馃榿馃槢

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
LOL, As I read that my sinus pressure is giving me a headache, my eyes are watering, while snot is dripping out of my nose, and holding back a sneeze. I get it. :D

Premium Member
Tennessee? Pollen? Allergies? It is amazing that anyone can sing a note here without gagging. I've got the timing down pretty good to feeling a lung-extracting sneeze coming, flip up the shield of my FF helmet and stick my glove between my face and the chin bar. After the season passes, I'll have to burn the gloves ... I've often wondered if it would feel better to just wear a half-helmet, and just let the snot flow freely, as it wants to. After all, isn't that why cagers have windshield wipers? :devil:

Registered
Logging trucks are my down fall around here, not real bad most of the time. Swelling, burning eyes usually, kinda like flash burn from welding. If I see a log truck up the road ahead of me, I usually just stay way back and turn off to another road when possible. OC sinus meds and tylenols are all I take, the sneezing, I just deal with.

Registered
I live in Miss with a plethora of allergens, mold, and mildew and wondered about a dryer climate. Went to Vegas a couple of years ago. That night as I slept, I reached to wipe my nose, and immediately realized it was blood. Turned the light on and it was all over the place.

Dryness was worse! Going again for business in September and will be ready this time.

Registered
I live in a rural area of SC. Lots of trees and fields. For years I have taken an allergy pill an hour before bedtime because the drainage will keep me awake and I'll get a sore throat. Also take one before going outside to work in the yard, ride my Vulcan or go to a public function (to stop the sniffing). I get bad sinus headaches when there is a big pressure change. I can stop them if I take Vanquish and decongestants at the first sign of pain. If a pressure front comes through during the night I will dream I have a headache and wake with one. Eyes will be bloodshot and almost swollen shut. Wash them out in the shower and use eye drops. We use the HE filters in the vacuum and for the heat pump. Even take the curtains down and wash them twice a year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts