Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, risers should be here anyday, very mild GenMar 2" risers but should make a nice position change with my aftermarket seat.

Now last night bought and have on the way my 2" lowering kit(running a 200 right now but next change out might go to the 230 club :D. I actually was checking something out and maybe I am dead wrong but not convinced I will have to pull my exhaust, correct me if I am missing something. Watched some You Tube video's plus some step by step and the only reason I see to pull the exhaust is the upper arm nut, however with my Cobra Slash Downs it appears there is more than enough clearance for a nice size torque or large 1/2" socket wrench with socket to get at it, the bolt comes out the drivers side so again I belielve the OEM exhaust may get in the way with the way it mounts but different with the Cobra's. Am I totally off base in my thought, it would shorten up the job quite a bit in my opinion.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still kind of looking for some feedback on my thoughts about NOT having to remove the exhaust since I see the only reason too is the upper link Nut access, True or Not ?

·
Registered
347 Posts
I removed the exhaust when installing the Barons lowering link. Access to the right side upper link nut is the reason. The stock exhaust comes off in about 5 minutes, so it was no biggie. Two new crush gaskets are a must. I can't comment on the clearance of the Cobra exhaust, but a quick visual should tell you if you can get a socket on that nut...with the stock exhaust, too much hassle/risk...so off it came.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do want to thank you for your reply, your response confirms my thought. Low and behold my though full large too chest is full, my sockets full set stopped at 26 mm so off to pick up a 27 mm for the upper link arm nut. got home and sure enough with the Corba's have plenty of room to work and no fighting(it appears) tested of fitted it in last night, if I even begin to fight I certainly will pull the exhaust but heck if 1 less step then good for me and thought I could share that small amount of info for the next member to install, I appreciate your comments and help and will report back once done. As a home mechanic I will give you my best evaluation for the next guy on a scale rating of difficulty. But so far I have done everything my self but change the tires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts