Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you would like for me to start my thread revealing a transformation of my 1600 just say ,"I". If I get enough "I"'s then i will take step by step pics. If not, well then I will complete it faster:grin2:

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
I,I,I,I,I,I,I,I,I,I,I,I,I,I,I,I, pant, pant, pant!!! Is that enough encouragement? I am particularly keen on any paint and body work that you do as my Beast is stripped down and I am currently doing some dent repairs and will be sanding for the next several weeks in preparation for new paint!

Cheers!

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Aye, adverb

variants: or less commonly ay

Definition of aye : yes

As in: "Aye, aye, sir!"

:wink2:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I,I,I,I,I,I,I,I,I,I,I,I,I,I,I,I, pant, pant, pant!!! Is that enough encouragement? I am particularly keen on any paint and body work that you do as my Beast is stripped down and I am currently doing some dent repairs and will be sanding for the next several weeks in preparation for new paint!

Cheers!

Mike

I am not the guy to ask about paint, but bodywork has gone ok for me so far (got some of that to do myself this winter).

It’s harder on bikes (at least on tanks) than on cars because of the compound curves, but take your time and you’ll get through it ;) There are great YouTube videos out there about using body filler. My one piece of advice is always use sandpaper that is one step finer than you think you need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay, here we go. So far I have done the following:

ordered rear fender from oldinc.com , chose the dixie hugger custom width
tested paint, I am wanting a matte finish and decided to go with "matte french cream"

I am completing a 1967 yamaha 180 and waiting on some final parts, then I will start on my 1600.

Here are a few pics:

Enjoy and thank you for all the responses :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Very impressive, my friend. :good:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts