Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 VN900
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed LED turn signals and all 4 are on. Installed diode kit. Using a relay for LEDs. Remove indicator bulb and no lights at all. Double checked and all seems hooked up correct. Any help is deeply appreciated.

·
Registered
208 Posts
So you replaced the stock turn signal relay with one made for LED? Or you added something different inline. Unless the relay is not set up for LED, it sounds like the issue is in the diode kit.

·
Registered
208 Posts
check the pins in the relay. When I first did mine, I did not realize the outside pin bent and slipped between the connector instead of in the slot.
If that is not it, it has to be in the diode. Either hooked up wrong or just a bad diode. You sure it’s facing the right way? Diodes are polarity sensitive….they only work one way by their nature.

·
Registered
626 Posts
If all 4 are blinking then diode kit is not working would be my guess. Could be a bad kit. this is one of the main reasons i have not done this to my bike even though i want LED turn signals.
Cant risk having a problem and bike being down for an unknown amount of time sorting it out.
Hope your able to get it sorted out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts