Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI!! I want to add a alarm on my custom witch one to u use? any tips thanks!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Got the Gorilla 8017 motorcycle alarm for Christmas but haven't installed it yet. So, I cannot offer any recommendation at this point.

It looks pretty simple to install once you find a place to put it.

Gorilla Alarm

The intent was just to keep people off the thing while it's sitting in parking lots.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I will have to see the type I have had for some time and post the info tonight. It has a capacitance function when armed that if it detects someone too close for a short time, it will give a toned warning. The only problem I had with it if it rains hard, the alarm may go off because of the rain hitting it hard. Rare though! It has a remote that tells me when it is going off, etc., so when in a room but out of ear shot, you know if the bike is being messed with. It also has a disable fuction on it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Alarm

I have the InterNatrix Model TW-1000. Have had for many years and works well. Has a nice instruction manual also.
Here is the sites link.
http://www.internatrix.com/

·
Registered
36 Posts
I use a Scorpio SR-i800 alarm. Very compact and works well. Very happy with it. I don`t even have to push any buttons - it has a key chain detector. You can also buy adapter for the wire harness for your bike - no wiring needs to be done, just plug it in.
Outstanding customer service. My unit had a problem - the tilt sensor was responding to the temperature change in the night time and would trigger the alarm. A few other people reported the same problem. Scorpio built a test lab especially to investigate this problem and emulate the conditions. They developed and flashed a new firmware and no problems since than. All was done in timely manner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts