Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for anyone that actually has one. Where I live there have been a lot of thefts going on and people getting their bikes stolen. I obviously would be devastated if this happened so I've been going crazy trying to figure out the best way to avoid this. I think an alarm is the best bet. Does anyone know which one is the best to use for a 900 custom or does it matter? Obviously something with shock sensors and tilt sensors.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Hey. I have the Scorpio SR-i800 on my Custom...

It has tilt, shock, and proximity sensors...

I like the proximity sensor...if someone gets about 5 feet from the bike, it starts chirping, slowly at first, and then faster, until the alarm ultimately goes off - if the person hangs around too long.

I like it...but it does not shut down the ignition when triggered.

The remote has a sensor in it that automatically sets and disables the alarm when the remote holder leaves the bike, or approaches it.

Honestly, I only use the alarm about 10% of the time...only if I park in unfamiliar territory...it can be a pain sometimes...folks walk up to the bike, and it starts chirping...etc...you need to be very aware where you park, as other drivers/walkers can set off the alarm by innocently wandering by the bike...

I cannot say if the alarm is effective or not...

I've seen guys run a lock through the front brake rotor, and for a heavy bike (like ours), that may be as effective (pretty tough to carry it away, or load it onto a truck)...or maybe having both an alarm and a rotor-lock might be the best...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts