Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, so I'm planning on doing some bigger trips this year and I'm trying to decide is it worth it to put an alarm on my vaquero and if so which one. Anyone have any experience or opinions on them? Thanks TIA for the help and advice.

Pat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Super Moderator
943 Posts
Are you more concerned with someone messing with it, stealing pieces off it, or just straight up stealing the whole thing? I had a simple alarm years ago on one of my bikes. It wouldn't kill the ignition or prevent them from lifting it up and loading it on a truck or van. It just made noise. It was mainly to deter people from messing with it. If they bumped it or started to lift it off the side stand, it would give a warning chirp. I ended up having problems with it down the road, literally. While riding home one night, it started going off mid ride. Imagine a bike riding down the street with an active alarm blaring out of it. I could never figure out why it was doing it so I eventually removed it. If you're going to install one, get a good one or get something like FIN GPS security.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts