Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased AirLite engine guard chaps for my 900 LT. I got my bike new & told the dealer I wanted engine guards, they put on MC Enterprise guards. So that's what I ordered the chaps for. We'll I've tried several times & can not get them on.:mad: I have talked to the seller of these & sent some pics but haven't come up w/a solution yet. Has anyone else out there had a problem w/these? :confused:

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
I had the same setup before I lost my 900. Once you separate all the Velcro the chaps slid on the left side, in front of the radiator and over the right side of the engine guard. Used them for several years without issue. Best bang for your buck for cool weather riding. I still have mine if anyone is interested, even have the pockets on both sides.

Hope this helps,

·
Registered
300 Posts
Have had Air-lite before w/no problems (they are great). Did they perhaps send wrong
ones to you by mistake (can't recall if they have "sticker" as to what model it is)?

·
Registered
851 Posts
I have a couple of questions, I was thinking of getting chaps for my crash bars! Do they cut back wind as far as your body area and did you notice a differents in fuel mpg? Thanks!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
The chaps protect your lower extremities from the wind not your upper body. These paired with a good sized windshield like the stock shield on your LT and it makes a world of difference. Also, they help to keep road debris off your legs and in the rain your feet/legs stay much drier. Not much difference in MPG since your already pushing that big barn door of a shield down the road.

As I mentioned in my previous post I have a set from my 2006 900LT/MC Enterprises Engine Guard in very good shape sitting around in the garage. If you or anyone is interested I'll let them go for $50 plus shipping. These include the pockets on both sides.

·
Registered
851 Posts
The chaps protect your lower extremities from the wind not your upper body. These paired with a good sized windshield like the stock shield on your LT and it makes a world of difference. Also, they help to keep road debris off your legs and in the rain your feet/legs stay much drier. Not much difference in MPG since your already pushing that big barn door of a shield down the road.

As I mentioned in my previous post I have a set from my 2006 900LT/MC Enterprises Engine Guard in very good shape sitting around in the garage. If you or anyone is interested I'll let them go for $50 plus shipping. These include the pockets on both sides.
Nice offer but I've been ordering quite a bit for the bike and need to cool it for now, still got 2-3 more months of winter to go. Thanks anyways!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
@ Comet 1500: Maybe I should return them & buy yours because I can not get them to fit. How do I go about buying them from you?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Heard back from Bob Morris of AirLite today, he believes he sent me chaps for a Suzuki C-90 by mistake & is sending the correct ones. Hope they fit,we'll see...to be continued

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Best ones that I have found for all the various Kawasaki models are from Classic Chaps online, they have them now for the Vaquero and it was a challenge for them to make them fit with the lower radiator fairing and how the crash bars fit behind it, etc.

http://www.classicchaps.com/My_Homepage_Files/Page7.html

·
Registered
300 Posts
Thought that might be the case as Bob w/AL is pretty straight up guy.
The AL is (in my opinion) much better than other "normal" chaps as its
a true 1-piece unit that wraps on w/velcro. No "spaces" like on other chaps.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
AirLite Chaps

Got my replacement chaps yesterday, put them on this morning & they 'fit like a glove.' Now I gotta wait for the snow to disappear & some rain to wash the salt & sand away to try them out. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts