Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy the air hawk rear seat for my girlfriends comfort... She has quite a bit of lower back soreness and the stock seat makes her butt incredibly sore. Anyone have one and know what size they went with? I plan to measure but won't be in a place I can access my bike and tape measure at the same time for a while.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I do not know the answer to the size of the Air Hawk but I will offer this...you may be better off in the long run to just purchase a better seat rather than trying a band aid fix for a poorly designed (comfort wise) stock seat.

·
Registered
246 Posts
There is an advantage to these cushions but you can't fix a poor seat with these. I have a Mustang on my bike and just bought one yesterday for GF and I - think it will help for long rides. hey only make two sizes 11x9 and 11x14 for passenger seat pillion on Amazon. The neoprene (original) are better than the Airhawk2 (polyethylene) which are cheaper and not as good. I paid $150 for 11x9 original. People in wheelchairs use these BTW

Get a better seat and backrest for her first IMO

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I plan to get a new seat, but will probably be waiting until tax time next year... I've already spent 1000+ on the bike this summer, with batwing, backrest, saddlebags, etc.

I'm sure she will use the air hawk on a new seat too, so although it is a "band-aid", it will be used long term. I also want a higher backrest for her, but bought the oem rest because of the black. Figure I can fabricate extensions or figure something out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is an advantage to these cushions but you can't fix a poor seat with these. I have a Mustang on my bike and just bought one yesterday for GF and I - think it will help for long rides. hey only make two sizes 11x9 and 11x14 for passenger seat pillion on Amazon. The neoprene (original) are better than the Airhawk2 (polyethylene) which are cheaper and not as good. I paid $150 for 11x9 original. People in wheelchairs use these BTW

Get a better seat and backrest for her first IMO

What size did you get for the mustang seat? The 11x9 of 11x14?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts