Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to buy myself the Airhawk R for my seat, based on all of the information I've been able to read here and at other places.

But I'm trying to figure out which one to buy for the passenger seat...my wife says she needs something. I'm thinking the regular Airhawk is too big for it, so I was looking at the small cruiser pillion.

My problem is from what I'm reading around is you don't have to buy one that fits it perfectly (i.e. just because the small pillion fits better, it may not be the best choice) and I want her to have the best comfort possible back there.

For those who have bought an airhawk for your passenger on the 900, which one did you go with or would suggest in hingsight?

Thanks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My advice is make sure you can return it. my wife hated it. she felt like she was up to high and sitting on top of the bike instead of in it.

·
Registered
643 Posts
My advice is make sure you can return it. my wife hated it. she felt like she was up to high and sitting on top of the bike instead of in it.
You only use a little air. If you are sitting higher and rolling around then there is too much air in it.

They make ones for passenger pillion seats, I think that is what you want. Suggest you call or email them for recommendation after you measure the pill on seat dimensions.

·
Registered
46 Posts
You only use a little air. If you are sitting higher and rolling around then there is too much air in it.
Yah, OR I did that and it was still garbage. Glad you liked it but I'm trying to let others know it aint as great as everyone says it is, IMHO. Thank you for correcting me when I didnt need it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yes.

It took me a while to figure that one out. Less is more.

Mine is nearly flat, and it works the best like that (for me).

Wouldn't be without it.

:)

·
Registered
698 Posts
It worked great for me. If the air is right there is no rolling or bouncing or anything like that. It should feel like the seat with padding in the right places. Can't vouch for the pillion but surely you'd go with the measurements. You don't want too big - but not too small either.

·
BOTM Winner, October 2015
476 Posts
I bought an el-cheapo inflatable butt cushion from the braces/supports aisle at Walgreens. Girlfriend likes it just fine. About $20.

·
Registered
156 Posts
My wife both use the full size AirHawk R, even hers is not the Pilon type she loves it. We'll stick with them untill we find something better.

HalfBreed

·
Registered
156 Posts
My wife has an airhawk pad on her 900. She may sell it. I will check and let you know. Thinking of $50.00 plus shipping from NJ, 08012.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts