Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needing an air box for a 800 classic, guess I should have stuck with a box wrench because when I grabbed the ratchet snapped the bolt right off that holds the air cleaner cover on. Pics if you have them please

Sent from my Nexus S using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
346 Posts
Needing an air box for a 800 classic, guess I should have stuck with a box wrench because when I grabbed the ratchet snapped the bolt right off that holds the air cleaner cover on. Pics if you have them please

What area are you specifically talking about that broke? It's not clear what you are referring to or what you need since it is a full assembly of two exterior components. Whatever it is you need though I may have it or both if they haven't sold yet. Just need to know which part(s) of the airbox you need. Are you talking about the round air filter housing part or the top that bolts onto the spine of the frame underneath the gas tank? See attached pictures and let me know. I think I may also have a round flat black metal air filter housing that covers the air filter specifically and bolts on-center of the air filter housing. In the picture is a chrome one obviously so that is what I am referring to.

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am needing the round plastic part in the first pic that the filter seats on and the chrome cover bolts to, the bolt that holds the chrome cover on snapped off. I don't need the top part of the air box in the second pic

·
Registered
346 Posts
I am needing the round plastic part in the first pic that the filter seats on and the chrome cover bolts to, the bolt that holds the chrome cover on snapped off. I don't need the top part of the air box in the second pic
I may even have a GrampSized one but need to check on that and I'll let you know about all three tomorrow sometime.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have the GrampSized assembly for certain but its round metal cover is flat black and not chrome. I can't find the other two chromed sets but will look for them this evening and get back to you as soon as I find them or determine if they were already sold.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What are you asking for the grampsized? I was thinking bout doing that but I'm not sure what jets I have, previous owner said it was jetted when he added long shots exhaust but I haven't checked to be sure

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No longer needed went with kuryakyn hypercharger , lusting stock air cleaner and k&n filter for sale soon pm for details

Sent from my Nexus S

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Air Filter base & cover.

I have the GrampSized assembly for certain but its round metal cover is flat black and not chrome. I can't find the other two chromed sets but will look for them this evening and get back to you as soon as I find them or determine if they were already sold.
Keep looking please, if the price is right. I could use a fully Grampsized unit with chrome cover. I only partially modified mine in case I wanted to return to stock later. How much were you looking to get for it? Is is safe to assume that what you have would fit an '05, 800B?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts