1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Finally a more attractive air box cover, looks a little nicer than the stock, now all dont rush there and done blowed up the system. LOL Here is the link ...:):)

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detail.cfm?Category_ID=86&manufacturer_ID=16&product_ID=57290&sblid_name=Kuryakyn_Scoop_Air_Box_Cover___Kawasaki_Vulcan______all________newer__for_Kawasaki_Vulcan_900&model_id=126

Cheers Maurice
Ordered one asap. Done. Finally got rid of the 900 badge. Now to those that are motorcycle ignorant, I'm the proud owner of a new 1500....lmao. They ALL think it is anyways! Now I can say yep......

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
That has a NICE look to it, but what if you've alread gone and messed with the snorkle mod? ;) Now, if we could just get a K&N air filter...

·
Registered
976 Posts
Finally someone did a Red Neck Air Filter mod aftermarket. Looks real nice. The OEM filter actually is a finer filter than a K&N would be and once you've taken the bends and restrictions out of the air path, you won't have a performance increase from going to a K&N filter. Fact is, once you do the RNAF mod I don't think you get any more performance from BAK, Hyper or Ness.

·
Registered
306 Posts
its a cool looking cover its just too bad they couldnt have made it a real scoop on the side ....just in case you missed it
Gain extreme visual speed & horsepower with this direct replacement cover! The long speed lines combined with the ILLUSION of a ram air scoop will certainly intensify any ride. Installation is a snap.

Now i have to ask ....it says gain horsepower .....yet it is just a false scoop so there is no change in the air flow....so how are you gaining horsepower ....isnt this false advertising? but it does look good and if the scoop was real and actually did force some air in there ......id buy it yesterday

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Finally someone did a Red Neck Air Filter mod aftermarket. Looks real nice. The OEM filter actually is a finer filter than a K&N would be and once you've taken the bends and restrictions out of the air path, you won't have a performance increase from going to a K&N filter. Fact is, once you do the RNAF mod I don't think you get any more performance from BAK, Hyper or Ness.
I don't think the filter actually has the redneck mod, as it states it offers the "illusion" of a ram air scoop, and that you will gain extreme "visual" speed and HP. If it actually has an opening to breathe there, I'll order one in a heartbeat!

As for the K&N filter as opposed to the OEM filter, I'm thinking more of replacement/maintenance cost rather than performance increase, really... My thoughts (although I'm no engineer) are the same on the RNAF mod. Cooler air with a direct inflow does it's job quite well.

SilentHill, when yours arrives, will ya please let us know if it will really allow air flow through there?

·
Registered
306 Posts
it cant have air intake in the cover ...if it did the air would totally bipass the filter . the filter is designed to take air from the back , pass through the filter then turn 180 degress to get into the throttle body.. even the reneck mod just moves the intake to the front enge of the rear of the filter.

·
Registered
306 Posts
whoever designed the stock air box on the 900 should lose their job as far as im concerned, i mean why not take air in from the cover area and filter it in as straight of a path as possible. im no enginener but it just makes sense

·
Registered
976 Posts
Well, they did it the way they did so they could preheat the air through the fins which helps atomize the fuel in the throttle body injectors. You give me 30 minutes with a dremel and some fiber filter material and the illusion will be no more.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Read all of hyped up words carefully, "Gain extreme visual speed & horsepower...". The cover has no function. The only way to get "extreme" visual power is to hang a Procharger on that puppy:D. I'd like to see one up close but I suspect my HD slotted air cleaner cover isn't at risk of getting tossed aside.

·
Registered
976 Posts
The only way to get "extreme" visual power is to hang a Procharger on that puppy.

Nah, BAK. Cleaner, less pretentious, same power as the Hyper. No wait, it has 10% more, yeah that's the ticket. Ness filter if you want to look like you can cobble it together in your back yard. OR Cobble it together in the back yard with the 40 dollar air cleaner mod.

Where's the guy with his Turbo on the front? How has that turned out? We all should be bowing to his visual perceived power boost.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I wonder if it is possible to open up that cover so it does let air in and maybe some how but some of that unifoam in there so it would take air in the front and still filter before entering the throttle body.....ummm please some one who has one or is going to get one post some detailed pics of it inside and out ....maybe one of us could figure something out.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Dremel baby, Dremel. With a cutting disk I can remove the plastic from inbetween thoughs fins, we just gotta hook the foam on behind.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Finally a more attractive air box cover, looks a little nicer than the stock, now all dont rush there and done blowed up the system. LOL Here is the link ...:):)

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detail.cfm?Category_ID=86&manufacturer_ID=16&product_ID=57290&sblid_name=Kuryakyn_Scoop_Air_Box_Cover___Kawasaki_Vulcan______all________newer__for_Kawasaki_Vulcan_900&model_id=126

Cheers Maurice
I will post some pics when mine when mine arrives,front, back and installed, remember its all show... no go

·
Registered
67 Posts
But you are right you just cant draw air in though the front just not a good idea with no filter for it to pass though. And didnt notice before but says visual looks only

·
Registered
66 Posts
Still think the HD slotted cover looks better. Just hope it doesnt leak oil all over the garage :)
The OE airbox still pulls air in from in between the cylinders. Amazing how much better my bike runs when its cold outside.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Ordered one asap. Done. Finally got rid of the 900 badge. Now to those that are motorcycle ignorant, I'm the proud owner of a new 1500....lmao. They ALL think it is anyways! Now I can say yep......
The price isn't bad and it looks OK but I am not ashamed that it says 900 on my air cleaner. I would rather it say that when the bike will dust 1100, 1200, and some Harleys and they see the 900 badge. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
The price isn't bad and it looks OK but I am not ashamed that it says 900 on my air cleaner. I would rather it say that when the bike will dust 1100, 1200, and some Harleys and they see the 900 badge. :rolleyes:
Don't get me wrong, I bought a 900 because I wanted a 900.
No matter where I go (non-biking events)..people come over and say, "nice bike".....then they inevitably say...."1500"?.
After the swap I'm sayin ..."yep".....lol.
I'm joking cruiser!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts