Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm keen to do the resistor mod on the air temp sensor, but where is it and what does it look like...any pics would be good...I'm a visual person...will probably put a potentiometer up near the CU some where. I was thinking that the adjustable air temp sensor resistor would act like a fuel mixture screw on the carbie verions...

any help appreciated...the weather here in Oz is getting warmer, which is great, but the dreaded heat issues I've been reading about are showing themselves..and it's still technically winter.

Burner

·
Registered
765 Posts
I'm keen to do the resistor mod on the air temp sensor, but where is it and what does it look like...any pics would be good...I'm a visual person...will probably put a potentiometer up near the CU some where. I was thinking that the adjustable air temp sensor resistor would act like a fuel mixture screw on the carbie verions...

any help appreciated...the weather here in Oz is getting warmer, which is great, but the dreaded heat issues I've been reading about are showing themselves..and it's still technically winter.

Burner
Pull of the right side cover on the air intake and you will see this little, black pointy thing protruding from the throttle body plate.

·
Registered
64 Posts

Burner
Wat mod is this,,and wat doz it do for the bike?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
basically tricks the ecu into changing the mixture...in my case i want to experiment with adding more fuel. It adds fuel accross the whole range, as oppossed to a programable do flicky which allow speciifc changes accross the engine revs.

·
Registered
369 Posts

Burner
i think what your going to want is the air pressure sensor connector. the eaiest way to get to this connector without removing the right side air housing is prop your fuel tank and gain access. it the connector that has the yellow and red wire.

Attachments

·
Registered
369 Posts
i think what your going to want is the air pressure sensor connector. the eaiest way to get to this connector without removing the right side air housing is prop your fuel tank and gain access. it the connector that has the yellow and red wire.
if you need access to the actual sensor, its where wbilotta said , its on the other side of the connector. all you have to do is take off the right side cover and youll see it at the top

·
Registered
765 Posts
The problem with this mod is the bike will think the air temp is different that what it actually is (obviously) and add fuel. You're going to use a resistor that will trick the computer into thinking the air temp is lower than what it actually is. Depending on the outside air temp this mod may cause your bike to run poorly.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The problem with this mod is the bike will think the air temp is different that what it actually is (obviously) and add fuel. You're going to use a resistor that will trick the computer into thinking the air temp is lower than what it actually is. Depending on the outside air temp this mod may cause your bike to run poorly.
possibly. The bike will run consistantly richer accross the rev range...over coming the lean mixture to mean emmissions standards...it could run poorly if excessively richen the bike. I personnally think this is a great mod....just neeed to be conservative..bear in mind that I have not had donme any big mods...I will remove the heat generator called a air intake atr some stage...then I will need a smarter solution...and a dyno....

most of my experience with jetting is with four stroke motocross bikes...finiky little motor, susceptable to everything...

Anyway...45 mins to get that silly plastic thingy off the ignition...tank off, two hours to look for a spark plug socket to fit...WTF...is it a 5/8 plug, but really long...end ed upo getting the shits and putting it back togther......I may ave lost that battle Mr kwaka...but I will win the war...

anyway....is it a 5/8 plug socket ?

·
Registered
369 Posts
possibly. The bike will run consistantly richer accross the rev range...over coming the lean mixture to mean emmissions standards...it could run poorly if excessively richen the bike. I personnally think this is a great mod....just neeed to be conservative..bear in mind that I have not had donme any big mods...I will remove the heat generator called a air intake atr some stage...then I will need a smarter solution...and a dyno....

most of my experience with jetting is with four stroke motocross bikes...finiky little motor, susceptable to everything...

Anyway...45 mins to get that silly plastic thingy off the ignition...tank off, two hours to look for a spark plug socket to fit...WTF...is it a 5/8 plug, but really long...end ed upo getting the shits and putting it back togther......I may ave lost that battle Mr kwaka...but I will win the war...

anyway....is it a 5/8 plug socket ?
no, its a 14mm deep well socket. i couldn't find a 14mm spark plug socket, u know the one with the rubber in them? so Ive been using just a regular deep socket 14mm. i wouldn't use the 5/8, its just a little big er. just be careful to not break the insulator, keep it straight durring loosing and tightening. Ive had the plugs out twice to check richness cause i smell heavy exhaust fumes coming from my bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts