Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed air suspension on the back of their V2K (or V2KLT) to add a keep the rear end high when loaded? I was looking around and found this on amazon, the thing that struck me was the fact this is only a lightly modified $50 non-rebuildable dual action cylinder likely from Bimba or Clippard both of which among others I have quite a bit of experience with. My objective is mostly to keep it from dragging the factory exhaust on the ground when riding 2up (415lbs) and loaded saddle bags & luggage rack bag (another ~60lbs). I don't think the price is out of line for something of quality, but I'm not seeing the value in this kit based on the cylinder alone, can't tell what compressor is included.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Big-Boar-Suspension-lowering-VN2000/dp/B07H9HKT42[/ame]

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
I put a Progressive 465 w/RAP and V&H Powershots on mine. Pipes don't scrape on RH curves, just the floorboard pads now, and rides much better 2-up. Wasn't an inexpensive pair though.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had the progressive 465 (can't remember if it was with the RAP or not) in my Amazon cart since 2012 or so and then at some point in the last couple years it was unavailable so I deleted it. It was just under $400 if I remember correctly so I don't know if that's inline with what it should cost with RAP.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well after poking around online a bit, I've found the 465 w/RAP pretty consistently available at $765 which I can't justify right now. Amazon did have it for quite a bit less though.
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Progressive-Suspension-465-5015-Anodized-Performance/dp/B006WB7L3A/ref=sr_1_1?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1558616169&s=automotive&sr=1-1&vehicle=2008-729-20205-20-----14347------6&vehicleName=2008+Kawasaki+VN2000F+Vulcan+2000+Classic+LT[/ame]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts