Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish now I had bought this $25 pump when I first bought my 2016 Voyager. Turns out there was zero psi in both shocks. I put in 25 psi with back wheel off the ground. Will play with it as needed.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just bought this pump
[ame]https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B006ID37ZS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

Thing is..... Should it not take more pumps to get in 40PSI? I wanted to put in 15 so gave one pump and it went right up to 40psi?

Does that make sense?

·
Premium Member
945 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have that pump - Harley sold it to me for my Road Glide. It looks like the exact-same pump sold by Kawasaki. I usually have to pump once or twice, then bleed it down to what I want for pressure. Used a bicycle pump for my Gold Wing!

·
Registered
201 Posts
I usually set mine at 10-12 psi. I get maybe 14 psi on 3 pumps. Maybe these are different pumps - they look the same to me.

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
I would not think one pump stroke would increase the pressure anywhere near 25 psi. You may not have had it seated correctly or the pump port is not opening the schrader valve and what you measured was the increase in pressure between the shock valve and the check valve inside the pump. I have a different pump, but it only increases the shock pressure by a few psi per pump stroke.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts