Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a set of Shogun Warrior II Street Sweeper pipes on my '06 V2K Classic LT. These come with 10" long baffles installed. I did not have any pops or backfiring problems but when I let off of the throttle and as the RPM's drop I get an "airy" resonance sound.
I then put on a Dobeck Techlusion TFI module. Results were a slight improvement in gaining back some of the lost torque but no improvement in the sound.
I have heard several other makes and models of bikes with various sets of pipes produce the same noise while others do not.
I haven't performed a smoke test to check for exhaust leak yet but there was no noticable leak by feel or by sound at the head.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Check the torque on the exhaust pipe flange nuts. I was getting a very loud chirping noise and after much wailing and gnashing of teeth I found that both of them were loose. Tightened them up, took it for a ride this evening and all the chirping is gone, no popping, no backfiring. Nice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Already checked torque twice. Actually removed exhaust and put on a second set of gaskets and torqued them down. Performed a smoke test, no leaks or air being sucked in through the flange.
Never had any backfiring or popping. Just this airy/fluff sound on deaccel. Also had a huge loss in torque. The TFI unit got some torque back but nowhere near what I had at stock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts