Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced the original Dunlops on my 900 LT with a pair of Metzeler ME880's. Same sizes as the originals (R-180, F-130). The front is actually an ME888. I was told that they no longer make a 130 in the 880 series.

I just perused the internet looking for the correct air pressure to run these at including the Metzeler site where it only says that you should follow the manufacturers recommendation !! Kawasaki says F-28psi and R-32psi but that's for the OEM Dunlops.

I know a lot of people that frequent this forum have these same tires.

What air pressure do you set your ME880's to?

·
BOTM Winner, July 2016
52 Posts
I read an article in a motorcycle mag recently that said you should always inflate to the max pressure on the side wall for best wear.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Air Pressure

If the tire bulges or bursts you have too much. I have seen several different posts on this matter but the decal on the frame is good for the same size tire. I am going to a 170 - 80 next time...

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
I run what's on the tire sidewall ... not what Kawasaki recommends ... the metz number is for optimal tire life, Kawasaki's is for a mixture of tire life and comfort. The softer the tire, the softer the ride, but at metz's numbers the ride isn't harsh. Softer tires should not have to make up for a weak suspension set up.

·
Registered
213 Posts
The number on the sidewall is for the tire's designed maximum payload, which is usually always much higher than what the bike will ever give it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
38 psi 888 130 front
36 psi 880 200 rear

1 - 13 of 13 Posts