Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New question? What air kits are you all running on the voyagers if you changed out the pipes on your bike. I'm getting ready to change my stockers to Vance and Hinds slip ons. And is anyone using the Cobra fuel processor? I don't really want to go with the power commander.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I have the Cobra Power Pro and the Thunder air kit that uses the stock hardware . . .. works good with the Tri Ovals but I get a bit of decel popping . . . Looking into the Throttle body gasket

·
Registered
440 Posts
Hi, My setup is fi2000 power pro, Cobra tri-oval pipes, K&N air filter, +50 on the idle and 87 octane , you dont get as much popping on decel.. i was going to get and might still is the thunder air kit. i heard there loud, so im hesitating.

·
Registered
45 Posts
2013 Voyager. I use Cobra Tri-Ovals, Thunder Air Kit (stock version), and Cobra Power Pro. Seems to be a good setup and works well. I don't notice any increase in noise at all from my Thunder Air Kit. I use the gasket and lightly coated it with liquid gasket for the install. The PowerPro works very well, power is really good.

·
Registered
62 Posts
2013 Voyager. I use Cobra Tri-Ovals, Thunder Air Kit (stock version), and Cobra Power Pro. Seems to be a good setup and works well. I don't notice any increase in noise at all from my Thunder Air Kit. I use the gasket and lightly coated it with liquid gasket for the install. The PowerPro works very well, power is really good.
Did you use the silicone gasket on both sides of the gasket?

·
Registered
440 Posts
I didnt use silicone .That was an after thought, too late now . Im thinking Thunder Odyssey kit.. anyone have it and thoughts?

·
Registered
117 Posts
On my 2012 Voyager I have the Thunder Tear Drop with an open K&N, PC-V and Cobra Tri Ovals, BUT.... I have a set of Freedom True Duals being delivered TODAY:)::D:)...
You do get a little noise from the intake with the open filter but man it runs great.
Just curious why not a Power Commander?

·
Registered
573 Posts
I have the Cobra Power Pro and the Thunder air kit that uses the stock hardware . . .. works good with the Tri Ovals but I get a bit of decel popping . . . Looking into the Throttle body gasket
what's up my hood brotha! NApom, get that gasket or make your own....i used gasket maker sealant stuff...not the hardening kind but the gummy kind permatex i think on both sides of the thunder gasket....all but solved my problems

almost forgot

Get a Power Commander 5 with ignition timing control made a huge difference in idle and really helped torque in the < 3k rpm range

also have V&H twin slash slipons

tornado air kit and thunder gasket

wrapped pipes

these mods are necessary, without them i wouldn't probably own a vaq.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I wanted to be different, and bought the thunder round air kit....a brother bought a 1700 classic and i sold it to him and installed the tornado air kit....huge difference in sound of intake, sound of exhaust and most importantly PERFORMANCE....noticable seat of the pants increase in power....

save yourself the trouble and just get the tornado to start with...the water cover is easier to install on the tornado as well

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My thinking with the fuel processor is that is auto tune so I won't have to keep making adjustments on it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts