Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my vulcan a month ago I can not leave well enough alone, the exhaust was too quiet and knew I was gonna order a set of pipes but I saw a post on here about removing the baffles. So I did and am very satisfied! I might still be ordering the pipes in the future but for now im good. My question was is there any benifits with an aftermarket air intake? (forgive me if thats no the name, in only used to trucks) I am looking at Baron air intake kit. Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I haven't experienced my custom without aftermarket intake. But I do have a cobra hypercharger freedom performance exhaust and a cobra fi2000 fuel manager when I purchased it. Thus far I've been please with the look of it and sound of it. My fuel mileage has been great as well. From what I've read and looked into the cobra hypercharger i have seen nothing but praise. I am curious as well as to know others thoughts and suggestions for air intake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
643 Posts
I have the Corbra intake on my 900 custom with stock (unmodified exhaust). You get more of a grunt when you crack the throttle and a slight improvement in power. Since you debaffled your exhaust you will need to add a fuel management system if you add an aftermarket intake. You should get a decent boost in power as a result.

Look on the search the forum for the BIG 3 modification, there are lots of threads. 3= Exhaust, Intake, Fuel Management

If you don't add a fuel manager your bike will run too lean and valve damage can occur. So the intake + fuel manager is going to run you in the $400 -$800 range depending on which intake and fuel manager you decide to go with.

WB

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,849 Posts
Cobra Air Scoop. I also added the Baron's Big and Nasty pipes. AND yes you will need a fuel tuner.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the Corbra intake on my 900 custom with stock (unmodified exhaust). You get more of a grunt when you crack the throttle and a slight improvement in power. Since you debaffled your exhaust you will need to add a fuel management system if you add an aftermarket intake. You should get a decent boost in power as a result.

Look on the search the forum for the BIG 3 modification, there are lots of threads. 3= Exhaust, Intake, Fuel Management

If you don't add a fuel manager your bike will run too lean and valve damage can occur. So the intake + fuel manager is going to run you in the $400 -$800 range depending on which intake and fuel manager you decide to go with.

WB
Hey WB,
If I remove or modify the baffles to get a little louder cackle from my '06 900, will that make it run too rich, to lean, etc. Bottom line, do I need to do anything else to it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for reply's, I guess I cant have one without the other. I guess for immediate mods its gonna be a cobra intake, fuel management system, and the bigger gear for the tranny. Thanks guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts