Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any ideas on what the best aftermarket air intake is?whats better pod or hypercharger? my bike is a VN900 classic
thanks

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have to say I love my new cobra powerflo

·
Registered
133 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
any ideas on what the best aftermarket air intake is?whats better pod or hypercharger? my bike is a VN900 classic
thanks
The best one is the one you put on your bike. Which ever one that is. :D

NO difference in function.
They all flow way more air that the 900 can suck in, so they only question is which one do you like the looks (and price) of best.

I currently use a BAK, Big Air Kit from Barron's, compact and clean.
I have used a HyperCharger, but it sticks out a bit and your right leg will be against it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have the arlen ness big sucker intake on mine and I love it. Made all the difference in the bike. But I agree with bytehead, anyone you put on will help your 900 breathe. So its more about what look you like

·
Registered
89 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Cobra, BAK, Ness
They are all good. Consider leg room and in some cases if you Change the pipes can you fit the new pipes.
I recently changed my pipes got a power commander and BAK. Got it tuned and now I have more horses and better file Milage. Cost a good penny but well worth it. Also look at bikes online with different pipes and filters see what is in your taste before you commit.

Sent by Lordz of Fire!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Well thanks a lot guys, after talking about the air intake I couldn't take it anymore. I ordered the Cobra Powerflo from cli-maxridinggear, so i'm hoping it's a fast ship and will be on by next weekend. I just hope it's worth it?

·
Registered
183 Posts
It doesn't stick out far, the chrome looks sweet on the classics, and the increase in power from both k&n filter and the venturi of the intake will have your engine sucking air in like a boss!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well thanks fellers..wow so many responses..u have given me tons to think about ..oh and thanks for the link
kymbo

·
Registered
382 Posts
/\ I'm considering that but being able to keep the factory 'intake runner extensions'. The center threaded rod would have to be offset from the center of the throttle bodies a little, but I don't think it would be THAT hard to have made at a machine shop.

·
Registered
224 Posts
love the looks of the cobra powerflo,and may have bought it over the hypercharger if it was available when I did.The standard hypercharger doesn't stick to far out for me,but thought the pro version would.

·
Registered
851 Posts
thanksto u all and diehard rider i have just bought the powerflow...lol...thanks
Well Kymbo...If you ordered it from cli-max i've gone in and read there reviews and it sound like these guys have great service and are on it when it comes to shipping fast. So i'm hoping we'll both have it on by next weekend, and I will post some pic and my input when it's done.

·
Registered
183 Posts
http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23366&page=2

Here's a link to a thread with some pics of the powerflo on the classic. It's on page 2. Also on page 2 I have a link posted on a reply of mine that shows the black one on a 900 custom. Pretty sweet looking stuff. Hope you all enjoy your riding season.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Talk about fast shipping...WOW! I ordered the Cobra intake Saturday night and it was sitting on my front porch when I got home from work today. I thought I would share some pics, I've been out around a couple of block and it does seem like it has some more pick me up. It was esay to install and you sure can hear that air sucking.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts