Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Still looking foranother bike after the dealership ended up taking the meanstreak off my hands...

Looking at a used 1600 classic right now.

It already has pipes, but stock intake... The only aftermarket intakes i can find that are still available to purchase are the BAK or the kuryakyn pro hypercharger, neither of which i particularly like the look of.

It looks like all the Thunder Mfg intakes are not available anywhere? What would you guys suggest flows the MOST air and also looks good? I don't want to go to the expense of PCV and custom dyno tune only to discover the intake didn't flow much more than stock.

Thanks for any advice.
Cheers

·
Registered
360 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
I would definitely go the Caddman kit route, the least cost for the most performance return. The parts are readily available at any auto parts store so replacement parts are inexpensive.

I am buying a 2003 VN1600 Classic with a Baron air intake system, and I may still convert it to the Caddman kit to get an inexpensive serviceable system on the bike. I kind of prefer the simple clean looks of the round air filter option.

·
BOTM Winner, December 2016
326 Posts
+1 Caddman !!!

Just did mine a few weeks back...
Found a pair of red/maroon Spectre pre-oiled filters for 45 bucks shipped on eBay...

Check my avatar for a closeup...
I already had the "Flying V" filter covers...
Used 2 "chrome" button head bolts from Ace Hardware instead of the "stud" portion of the Caddman mod...

Roars like a monster at WOT !!!
:devil2:

Let'er BUCK,
Seven O'Nine !!!
Luckymann77
:grin2:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think the Caddman is the way to go. I just went this route with my 06 Vulcan Classic, I picked up 2 9in Spectra Chrome Air Cleaners, some Auto/Marine Foam Seals from Lowes and 2 m8x1.25 30mm black bolts.
I also marbled and removed the Cold Air Solenoids. Bike has lots more power. I am at the moment trying to dial in the Cobra Fi2000R as well.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I run the Baron's kit personally. Costs more than the Caddman kit but the choice of different covers allows you to customize the look a little.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts