Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The VN1600 Classic I just picked up has a Baron air intake on the RH side. I notice my left leg is in contact with the cover when I ride. Is that typical for others with the Baron AI on your Vulcan? I may switch it to the Gadgets intake system if it gives me more room on the bike.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I rode one with the baron my leg rubbed against it as well, I've done the gadget replacement, works fine with no interference. But get ready for a louder bike, the air intake pulls in a lot of air and you hear it!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
The VN1600 Classic I just picked up has a Baron air intake on the RH side. I notice my left leg is in contact with the cover when I ride. Is that typical for others with the Baron AI on your Vulcan? I may switch it to the Gadgets intake system if it gives me more room on the bike.

Try sitting on the bike forward, then the intake won’t hit your left leg LOL

You can change your floorboards or intake.
Or see if they make floorboard spacers for your bike.

Saddle up and feel the wind in your Helmet! ATGATT

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I may just learn to adjust and live with it. I just found out the PO put some bucks into this bike; V&H Bigshots (obviously I could see that), Baron air intake (ditto). But I finally got the left side cover off and the PO had a Dynojet Power Commander III installed. So it already has all the goodies, on a bike I got for $1200 because 2nd gear doesn't work, won't stay in 2nd gear. I can ride it, just have to double shift past 2nd gear for now. So this winter I'll tear it down and get that repaired, already have replacement tranny parts.

But I did just install the V&H Super Q baffles because the PO had straight through baffles on it and it was simply stupid loud, not for me. So I need to remap the Power Commander for the Super Q baffles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts