Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. Has anyone mounted an air horn on their 1700 Nomad? If so where and how did you actually mount it. Are any air horns better than others?

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Hi folks. Has anyone mounted an air horn on their 1700 Nomad? If so where and how did you actually mount it. Are any air horns better than others?
If you have the Thunder Air Kit installed I can give you a very good suggestion.:)

·
Registered
225 Posts
I put a stebel where the old one was with the bolt they supplied. I had to put it on a little bit of an angle so not to touch forks when I turn. I got the chrome one because I thought it was going on engine guard but, I didn't like how it looked. I would get the black one if I were to do it again. Still looks O.K.. I will see if I have a pic. Nomad is covered in lawn furniture and things in garage waiting for Irene.

·
Registered
120 Posts
How does it sound?

I put a stebel where the old one was with the bolt they supplied. I had to put it on a little bit of an angle so not to touch forks when I turn. I got the chrome one because I thought it was going on engine guard but, I didn't like how it looked. I would get the black one if I were to do it again. Still looks O.K.. I will see if I have a pic. Nomad is covered in lawn furniture and things in garage waiting for Irene.
How do you like the sound? Is it worth it over the stock Nomad horn?

Bob

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
How do you like the sound? Is it worth it over the stock Nomad horn?

Bob
I can speak up for the stebel horn. It's very loud (even though it's covered up with the left side cover) and sounds very intimidating. Well worth the money. :p

·
Registered
701 Posts
I have one on my nomad. It is well worth the money, sounds great and scares the sh t out of every car I honk. :)

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
A couple guys have dented their front fender from mounting the Stebel Nautilus in the stock horn position. I guess they hit quite a pot hole.

The instructions for the compact air horns make it look like they need to be protected from the elements.

I decided to go a different route and will post up some photos if I am ever home long enough to work on the bike.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Be extra careful that there's clearance from the front fender when the forks are compressed.
and I was wondering why not everyone just didn't put it there.:confused: Well I will look into relocating it soon then, thanks for the heads up. as for the sound when someone cuts in front of you this horns lets them know that you are there and don't approve in a very loud manner. it's great.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wolo bad boy

Be extra careful that there's clearance from the front fender when the forks are compressed.
This was my choice of horns it sounds just great. The difficulty came when entering a gas station with a larger curb size. The forks compressed and even with the bent original position mounting, I now have a significant dent in the fender. This is why I am looking for an alternate position and direction for mounting.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
This was my choice of horns it sounds just great. The difficulty came when entering a gas station with a larger curb size. The forks compressed and even with the bent original position mounting, I now have a significant dent in the fender. This is why I am looking for an alternate position and direction for mounting.
This is where I mounted mine.:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts