Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who have had one, or currently have one for a 900 Custom....what size did you get...the medium or the large?

thanks

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
I have the large one. I don't think the medium would be big enough to do all that much good. I am completely satisfied with this purchase, as it has pretty much eliminated any tailbone issues. Good luck.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Dittos here, large. I spent money on my seat at local upholstery shop and it was a waste. They "sculpted" it and added gel insert. The seat was still a torture devise. I put the hawk back on, and no more pain.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I just bought one of those and I bought the size recommended by the manufacturer, not sure just what that is. It fits fine. One thing to remember about the AirHawk, it will move your riding position up a little. Found mine moved me to much, over the windshield into the buffeting wind. Removed most of the air and it made a little difference, but it just doesn't feel right for me (it's probably just me).

·
Registered
37 Posts
I bought the one thats 14 inch X 14 inchs and it fits perfectly.

·
Registered
39 Posts
AirHawk cushion

I bought the 14x14 one also ...not sure if that is a medium or a large but I believe its a medium.

It is definitely worthwhile and it helps a great deal but ..it is NOT a be all and end all by any means. I still get a sore backside after an hour and a half or so (as opposed to 30 mins on the standard seat) and need to stop for 10 mins or so ( i usually smoke a cigarette) and I'm good to go from there.

I read posts about people being able to ride "all day" with this seat or that seat but ... I doubt that I will ever be able to do that regardless of what seat I may buy. I'm 58 and have no issues with my hips so maybe it's an age thing ...I'm not sure. I guess I just don't have the butt i used to have ...lol!!

I used to ride back in the 70's (Yamaha 305, Honda 450, AMF era Sportster) and I don't recall it being the problem for me back then that it is now ...

By the way ... I ride a 2009 900Classic LT ... totally stock at the moment but ...I'm looking at engine guards. The Mustang seat has been pushed down a few notches on the list as I don't believe it will "fix" my problems totally. At this point I'm not convinced I have a "problem" per se ....I think it's just the way it is ... for me anyway.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I attempted to buy the medium, the one recommended for the 900. And got to where I was going and there was a small inside the "medium" box. Obviously someone had been playin around at the store. Either way, tried out the 18x12 one that I had and I liked it enough I didn't bother returning it for the 14x14. Used it on the 400 mile trip home along with a new cramp buster, and the difference between the ride down and the ride home was like two different bikes in terms of level of agony. Nothin but pain on the way to vacation, and relative comfort on the way home.

·
Registered
641 Posts
The medium fits my 500 perfectly

1 - 8 of 8 Posts