Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I cleaned the carburettor today, I changed the setting of the pilot screw, the original air filter and the exhaust. How many turns should I turn the mixture screw?(factory reset) I apologize for my poor english :/

Attachments

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
1.5 turns on pilot mixture screw

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you can.....tweak pilot screw as required to deliver its highest rpm and best throttle response, engine idling, fully warmed (actually ridden)

I can not adjust the screw without removing the carburetor :ciddi: a picture help me or tool? I can : Grin2: Thanks

·
Registered
199 Posts
I can not adjust the screw without removing the carburetor :ciddi: a picture help me or tool? I can : Grin2: Thanks
Yes, you can. It's not very easy, but it's working, just need an articulated screwdriver. This is how I adjust mine.
The picture is just for reference.

Attachments

·
Registered
331 Posts
Walmart has a screwdriver on a spring which bends and comes with different sized flatheads/Phillips. I bought one last week and it fits perfectly. NAPA has one too, but you will need to get your own hex-flathead inserts yourself. Also, you DO NOT need to remove carb to adjust screw. Worst case, just remove the air filter housing bolts (2) and disconnect hoses at the bottom of housing on back side. Then push it towards the handlebars to get it out of the way. Screw is indeed hard to get to. Before I got my spring screwdriver, I would make a small adjustment with a short thin screwdriver, then put air filter back on, test. Repeated as necessary. FYI, my Kawa manual states 1 3/4 turns out, but that is only a starting point. Good luck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My dear friends thank you very much for answers, would the setting made by removing the air filter box and its pipes be correct? I guess this is my only chance :)

Attachments

·
Registered
331 Posts
Yes, perfect. Now just find a small screwdriver that fits the fuel screw. It will be difficult to hold onto and twist if you have large hands, but I just take my time. With a flexible screwdriver it's very easy. You can find them on eBay, Amazon, Walmart, etc.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
i have a flexible screwdriver but those are too big to fit up there and you cannot see the turns, use a very tiny screwdriver in your one hand and do it that way, it's hard but can be done with lots of patience

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I did mine by using a 1/4" socket and a hex screw driver tip in the socket. !st I turned the screw in slowly until the idle dropped some. I then turned the screw out as idle increased and kept going until it started to drop again. I then very slowly turned it in, pausing for idle to stabilize every 1/4 turn or so, counting the turns. When idle started to drop again, I turned it back out splitting the difference.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts