Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone has done anything different on their air filter cover that isn't expensive? I'm not ashamed that it is a 900 but people don't believe me at first when I tell them that is what it is until they see that 900. I just figured if I can change that where people don't see it they really won't believe it is a 900 keeping up with their Harleys.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Filling in the 900 on the cover with paint, maybe the color of the bike, will make the numbers stand out and it is cheap. Remove the cover, sand the inside of the numbers a bit so the paint holds better, lay it flat on a surface, and go slowly to reduce the chance of drips.

BTW, I have an extra (new untouched) cover if anybody wants it for experiments. :)

·
Registered
657 Posts
Underneath, I cut out the stock filter element and installed a K&N element I adapted to fit. The cover was a gift from my wife for Father's Day.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Baitis
I like the looks of the HD slotted cover but can't find one, where did you get it and how did you install it? Does it draw air in through the slots? Do you have any more pictures?

Scott

·
Registered
719 Posts
Scott, I ordered it from the local HD stealer. The cover is 2-piece - there's a black dish inside to make it look functional. Mounts to OE cover with a single screw/nut - use Locktite. I relocated my air inlet and have been playing with filters. I blocked the OE inlet with AL sheet & pop rivets but it can be left open. lHere's to only pix I have handy:

And the Unifoam I've been playing with (further progress has been interrupted by boating season):

1 - 9 of 9 Posts