Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gust recently installed a K & N air filterom my 09 1700 Nomad with 9000 miles on it. When i replaced the cover the bottom screws fill like they don' t want to bottom out like the two top ones do. They are not crossed threaded, but i'm afraid to keep turning them.Im using the T-handle allen wrench. Has anyone else experienced this.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Did you find the 3 special washers(with spacer) in the box> That's the purpose of the spacers, so you can tighten screws.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you're talking about the ones that fit in the holes in the filter right. I've got those in place.

·
Registered
19 Posts
K&N Filter Fit

I had the same problem with mine. I Have Classic. After three times of taking it out and puting it back, I finally left the K&N in the Hot sun and it went in much smoother and tightened easier. (but not like the stocK filter) I think the K&N mold is a little off and much stiffer. I left the top allen just snug as per instructions but put some blue gell Locktight on the top allen in case. I also warmed up the plastic that the filter fits into with a hair dryer, which let the two conform together much better. Now If I take it apart cold they seem like they were made for each other.
Hope this helps. Chris

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Chris I'll try that, and repost.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts