Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used the search. to no avail. Seems I remember someone posted about a Harley part that bolts directly over the "900" badge on our air filter. It's the one badge I have to remove. That way when the next (hundredth) person asks "Is that a 1500?) I can say "yep"...lmao.
Where can I get one? Part #? How does it attach?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rpeek, Thanks so much, yep, that's the one.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I remember that cover, saw it this morning. The black dish behind the chrome cover has a 1/4x20? stud. Drill a hole in the OEM cover and add the washer/nut (w/Loctite). The chome cover attaches to the black dish using the screws shown in the picture.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Looks good, but I like the "cheesy" 900 cover, too! :p

Newby Question: What is that Hex bolt with what looks like a black gear on the front of the air filter for? My Custom's "gear", "spacer", or whatever it is slides back and forth on the bolt. Is that normal? What the heck is that durn thing for anywho? :confused:

·
Registered
1 Posts

Newby Question: What is that Hex bolt with what looks like a black gear on the front of the air filter for? My Custom's "gear", "spacer", or whatever it is slides back and forth on the bolt. Is that normal? What the heck is that durn thing for anywho? :confused:
its your idle speed adjustment screw

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I remember that cover, saw it this morning. The black dish behind the chrome cover has a 1/4x20? stud. Drill a hole in the OEM cover and add the washer/nut (w/Loctite). The chome cover attaches to the black dish using the screws shown in the picture.
Thanks, I never understood the "one bolt" hook-up. And I wasn't askin....lol.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Kinda flops around doesn't it!
Clockwise to increase your idle. Turn slightly if your FI Light comes on at idle.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
I used the search. to no avail. Seems I remember someone posted about a Harley part that bolts directly over the "900" badge on our air filter. It's the one badge I have to remove. That way when the next (hundredth) person asks "Is that a 1500?) I can say "yep"...lmao.
Where can I get one? Part #? How does it attach?
I have been trying to buy those parts in Canada for around 3 mths now, cant getem, got to try a bike wrecker, apparentlt not avail new ????:(

·
Registered
719 Posts
I doubt you'll find one at a wrecker since the cover isn't stock on any HD. I don't see why you can't get one in Canada...but I did had to go the dealer since I couldn't find the right one online when I bought mine.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I doubt you'll find one at a wrecker since the cover isn't stock on any HD. I don't see why you can't get one in Canada...but I did had to go the dealer since I couldn't find the right one online when I bought mine.
Do u have a part# by any chance?
I just looked through the hd accessory site......and now I have a headache....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts