Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Just got a 09 Voyager. Going to go with cobra tri ovals and I was wondering about some good options for increased airflow and efi systems. Seems to be alot more options for my 900 custom on the air cleaner side. Also i dont have a bike shop here so not much chance to play and dyno. I was thinking of the new protuner from cobra as I wont need to tweak but man at $600+ canadian it better be worth it....

Cheers.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Yikes, that's a pretty good chunk of change and with the conversion and shipping you're looking at 655+ The majority of people on here will recommend the Dynojet PCV over the Powerpro....myself included as I went with the Powerpro first and really wasn't happy with the performance gains compared to the high price. I sold it and installed the PCV and am pretty happy with it. Thunder Manufacturing seems to be the predominant maker of air kits for the 1700, so that's a good place to start. There are a few people willing to share good maps with you if you go that route. I'm sure there are just as many who are willing to help you out regardless of which unit you buy. Good luck on your choice.

·
Registered
138 Posts
hi syfdawg
i got the 2010 voyager with the ally cat air cleaner ,pcv5 with ignition and auto tune also indivdual gear mapping
runing the vance and hines power pro exhaust
love it all
the only problem with the ally cat is it puts your rhight knee out a bit compared to the standard air box
th epcv is great and easy to adjust and yes plenty of maps to share on here

·
Registered
439 Posts
09 voyager mods

I too have an 09, I installed the cobra touring slip ons, cobra pwrflo auto tune and HI flow k&n Works really well. bought from Canadamotor Cycle.ca
Good prices and great service shipped to my door for free.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, did either of you guys have to run it on a dyno to have it dialled in? im 4 hours away from the nearest one. Dont like the thought of the alley cat sticking out further, bike is already pretty wide for me. Maybe just a KN filter in the stock cover then...

·
Registered
440 Posts
I recommend V&H 2=1 pro pipe, Tornado air kit, ejk tuner i have the cobra powerpro and dont like it, im thinking of replacing it with the ejk , cobra makes it run too lean and does nothing to reduce popping. i cant just justify spending all the money on the powerpro to just take it off. Now the tri ovals make it pop even more. got em in the garage i took them off... just wasted alot of money.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have some pop once in awhile, Nothing like i see people talking about here
I am using the Cobra slip-on touring not the Tri Ovals where you located?

·
Registered
138 Posts
no dyno on my bike just set base maps and the air fule ratio i wanted and let it go
i have slight increase in the first fuel cell so i dont get the poping that people complain about
that is one good thing about the pcv 5 is you can manually adjust each fuel call and if you want advance the timing .
they all seem to work well just my preference is the pcv

·
Registered
138 Posts
ally cat

ally cat air cleaner
i also reinstalled the standard lefthand side air box or looks and to take some of the engine noise that cam after removing air cleaner

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cannonballs

ally cat air cleaner
i also reinstalled the standard lefthand side air box or looks and to take some of the engine noise that cam after removing air cleaner
That air cleaner looks sweet. does it push your leg out much more?? my poor little stumps are pretty much at their max with this beast...lol.

And sorry, but what was it you did to the left side air box?

·
Registered
440 Posts
hi guys i ended up with the tornado kit and a cover for the leftside.. lots of leg room now.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
I recommend V&H 2=1 pro pipe, Tornado air kit, ejk tuner i have the cobra powerpro and dont like it, im thinking of replacing it with the ejk , cobra makes it run too lean and does nothing to reduce popping. i cant just justify spending all the money on the powerpro to just take it off. Now the tri ovals make it pop even more. got em in the garage i took them off... just wasted alot of money.
Want to sell tri ovals?:)

·
Registered
138 Posts
That air cleaner looks sweet. does it push your leg out much more?? my poor little stumps are pretty much at their max with this beast...lol.

And sorry, but what was it you did to the left side air box?
its not a lot of a kick out but is the only negative i can say about it.
i re installed the left hand side air box assembly for looks and to take away the engine noise that echos out after removal

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
On the EJK, make sure you get the right one if you go that way. They have one for 1700s, and one for the 1700 classic, its programmed different from Kawasaki.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts