Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inside the air cleaner assembly on the non filtered air side is a air diverter or noise suppresion rubber boot, the one going into the air cleaner not the one on the throttle bodies. Has anyone removed this and what was your experience from removeing it.

To me it looks very restrictive and possibly a performance gain or MPG improvement if removed as the opening area would more then double.

·
Registered
186 Posts
To me it looks very restrictive and possibly a performance gain or MPG improvement if removed as the opening area would more then double.[/QUOTE]

Before I put on my XXX filter, I had knocked that rubber boot thingy off while cleaning without realizing it, and couldn't figure out what the rubber thing I found on my garage floor was for, until the next cleaning.....:eek:
I noticed no change in anything :(

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
I haven't looked at it that close, but just opening the area doesn't inherently mean a performance gain if the predominant restrictions are elsewhere.

·
Registered
39 Posts
One of the aircleaner mods is removing the outside screen piece another is removing the secondaries I did both of those and notice a little however since i have gone to the pipes,ness big sucker and the cobra fuel processor i have noticed alot in all gears thats the route i would recommend

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really not looking for performance gains although if it's free I'll take it. On long cruises I like to get as many mpg's as I can.

I'm not comfortable removing the screen and then driving in rain I feel it's there for a reason. Has anyone removed the screen and then driven in the rain are there any problems?

Thanks for the replys and as always keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My bike has the k&n filter in it, cobra short pipes and cobra Fi2000 fuel management. Does the k&n allow enough improved air flow? I bought it that way and I don't know if I should be considering more air or not. $200 and up is too much for BAK if not needed. I scuffed up the 900 circle on the air box so it has me thinking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts