Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Are you talking about a stock air system?

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Got the K&N filter and was just looking with the cover off.... I have long enough chrome button head bolts and washers to do it....

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm......... BUT, it will look tacky from the top.... the gap will be very obvious.... if I could make a filler piece just for the top and down the top edge about an inch both sides.....

Hmmmmmmm.....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking maybe 1/4 inch gap. Shouldn't be to noticeable from the top thinking tank would cover it up

·
Registered
320 Posts
I know Ray from Florida has done some dyno testing and has proven to himself that the stock air system is somewhat pressurized to maintain air flow through the narrow plenumn between the cylinders.If you shim out the cover you may lose some velocity and some power also,but would be interesting to see your findings.Be sorta like flipping the air cleaner lid on the old carbureted cars.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Be sorta like flipping the air cleaner lid on the old carbureted cars.[/QUOTE]

This was what i was thinking gonna try it next week

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
This was what i was thinking gonna try it next week
Flipping the lid??? cool..... gonna need a hammer to flatten it first..:eek:

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Won't the rain get in there? Some of you guys must either live in the desert or rarely ride. I always have a rain suit with me, but I don't put it on when it is hot out.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that's why im going with the k&n filter it will shed some of the water. I did this on my last bike but it was carbureted didn't know how it would work on a fuel injected bike. surprisingly in light rain no problems in a down pour it would cut out some but I could get to where I was going

1 - 12 of 12 Posts