Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 1600 valcan nomad I changed the air filter to a 10 inch round style I took the left side air cleaner off and the through tube off and plugged the plate on the right side and added the round air cleaner I did not remove the air pumps or the vacume lines It runs great and has gobs more power . My question is is it ok to do it this way Thankyou

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
could you post some pictures so we can see what you did and how it looks.

Thanks

·
Registered
360 Posts
On my 1600 valcan nomad I changed the air filter to a 10 inch round style I took the left side air cleaner off and the through tube off and plugged the plate on the right side and added the round air cleaner I did not remove the air pumps or the vacume lines It runs great and has gobs more power . My question is is it ok to do it this way Thankyou
Yes, it's fine. You essentially did a caddmann mod.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Looks nice, also can get filters a lot cheaper than factory replacement. thanks for posting

·
Registered
360 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes that is what I did .I tried a 9 inch but the filter was too thick so I went to the 10 " I could only get a eldbrock but it fits very close to the engine an under the tank

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
104 Posts
I did the same except I put a edelbrock cover and standard round air cleaner and boy you can hear it sucking that air when i open it up and it runs great but does yours tick from air pumps when cold and fade as it warms up? And did you get any info. About capping the pumps? I was a goldwing guy but I'm sold on my nomad. Great bikes huh

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts