Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to aim the headlight on a 900 Classic LT? It seems to be aimed too low at night with low beam on. I saw two small holes on either side of the trim ring but they were on either side of the light and a little past half way down the ring. I don't know if those are for vertical or horizontal adjustment.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I had to go outside and look. the way they seem to work is that if you tighten one of the screws it is going to pull the light vertically down, and horizontally in what ever direction that screw is. So if you are happy with the left to right alignment you will need loosen each screw the same amount until it is high enough. I would get somebody to help hold the bike upright so you can align it. My driveway slopes soon as it leaves the garage, but if I backed right up the the edge of the garage and sat there I would use the back wall to mark it and see how much it moves up. You probably only need to back out a half turn.

I know that if you had a flat lot and a wall. you would pull right up to the wall mark the spot the light hits, then back up 20 ft and put the brightest spot just below your mark

·
Registered
60 Posts
It should tell you how to do it in the owners manual so that the light is aimed at the right spot. They tell you how to measure it and how far the bike should be from the wall in order to have it aimed correctly. Mine was way off when I got it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The Vertical adjustment screw is on the bottom left when facing the headlight. The horizontal is on the bottom right when facing the headlight.

This taken from my owner's manual for my 800 Vulcan

"NOTE:
On high beam, the brightest point should be slightly below horizontal.
The proper angle is 0.4 degrees below horizontal. This is a 50mm (2 in) drop at 7.6 m (25 ft) measured from the center of the headlight with the motorcycle on its wheels and the rider seated."

It should be the same or a 900

Tom

·
Registered
95 Posts
Driving lites

Can you tell me the proper alighment for the driving lights?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts