Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Friends.

A recent survey completed under international supervision points out that India is no longer the worlds leader with 5.7 million people as per UN 2006 estimates.
Early analysis suggests that India has AIDS victims between 2 and 3 million. India also ranks below South Africa which has a more accurate survey result of about 5.5 million.
Thanks.

·
Registered
246 Posts
You are quite correct we are on the top of the AIDS list we are also top on the violent crime , murder and rape lists, doesn't that just make me proud to be South African

·
Registered
23 Posts
1. I don't trust any report headed or supervised by the UN.

2. How are these AIDS cases diagnosed, reported and verified?

(I ask this as certain parts of Africa report nearly any hospital visit as an AIDS case, because by the size and amount of cases the more money they get from other nations. I'm not calling anyone in this thread out, just explaining the why...)

·
Registered
246 Posts
I can't answer for the other "certain parts of Africa" but i live on this confounded continent, and let me tell you go and sit in one of our state hospitals for an hour then come back and repeat that statement.
Believe me i am one of the most anti UN people i know, but when you live in a country where your "now ex" president tries to tell you that the aids virus and HIV do not remotely have anything to do with each other, and the profs and doctors need to take a serious rethink, then there is something wrong. BIG TIME.
While i am at it let me say that our hospitals "state not private" now get locked at night because of rapes , murders, muggings and theft right there in the hospital.
In the company for which i work i have seen more than a dozen Aficans die from AIDS.
I personally could care less about the virus, common sense prevailing of course.
If you see how promiscuous the males are over here i don't think the figures would surprise you.

Grant

1 - 4 of 4 Posts