Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any comfortable seats that will work with the oem back rest on the 900 custom? My wife is asking for a better seat, but I really don't want to have to buy a seat AND backrest. lol

·
Registered
455 Posts
I would think Mustang and the other big guys check this fitment. I know my classic with a cobra is no problem with a Mustang. In fact, check with Mustang or Corbin, etc.

Suggest you change the title of your question to include "Custom". Try a search too. A ton of stuff is on these sites, that only gets posted once.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
I just installed the Mustang #76127 with an MC Enterprise backrest, reinstalling the factory backrest, with no problem. The wive's and my derriere are very happy. Not too mention my back. This is on a Classic, but do not think that there woould be a difference.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Backrest and seat

My little brother and I took our wives to Sturgis a few years ago, and he was riding my 08 900 custom. I bought the OEM backrest and luggage rack for a Classic, which fit the mounts on the Custom. I think I remember adding a small washer to the rear spacer on each side, but it still fit well and carried a pile of luggage.
There was plenty of room for custom seats. There was a gap of about 3 inches from the rear of the stock seat to the upright on the backrest.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Classic fits Custom

Are there any comfortable seats that will work with the oem back rest on the 900 custom? My wife is asking for a better seat, but I really don't want to have to buy a seat AND backrest. lol
I dug around for some pics:D

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re

Thanks for the replies. The brackets that mount to the bike are different for a classic, they don't bend in like the ones for the custom. Here is a picture of my bike with the oem backrest on it.

I did read somewhere that a guy put a Mustang vintage on his custom and it wouldn't latch due to the interferrence.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have the Mustang one piece touring seat with the back OEM backrest on my 08 custom. The bad thing is that i had to get the passenger seat cut down a little because of a rubbing issue. It only cost me $50 to get the seat done, but it was well worth it. I can ride all day with my Mustang seat.

The picture I added is before the seat fix.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RE

I have the Mustang one piece touring seat with the back OEM backrest on my 08 custom. The bad thing is that i had to get the passenger seat cut down a little because of a rubbing issue. It only cost me $50 to get the seat done, but it was well worth it. I can ride all day with my Mustang seat.

The picture I added is before the seat fix.
Where did you get it cut down at?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts