Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Looking at the 900 frame it looks quite a bit wider in the seat than the 500 and the mounting is different.

Kinda thing that might work with some effort but you'd be best off offering one up to see if it is possible and looks right before committing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking at the 900 frame it looks quite a bit wider in the seat than the 500 and the mounting is different.

Kinda thing that might work with some effort but you'd be best off offering one up to see if it is possible and looks right before committing.
Thanks. I can't seem to find seats for the 500 anywhere. I'd like to replace the stock seat with something more comfortable.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Artago, at least one of our members is a big fan of these guys: http://www.meancitycycles.com/

They upgrade the foam and possibly do some other magic -- quite inexpensive compared to the full custom seat route, though obviously not the same.

I realize you are in Canada and they are not -- I don't know what sort of shipping and customs complications that might present, but I imagine they do.

It might also be worth contacting Ultimate Seats to see if they can do anything for you -- they DO advertise Canadian service. No one has ever mistaken me for an expert on upholstery, but perhaps they can custom make something off your seat pan. That way won't be inexpensive....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts