Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's todays challenging question. I know I can't be the only person out there riding 2 up on this bike and would like a better rear bumper pug. At the moment I have the rear shock set at the max resistance and when both of us are aboard, it bottoms out really easily. Did a ride to the SF Bay area yesterday taking some back roads and ran into this problem a lot. The bike rode like a semi hard tail.

So... has anyone out there either beefed up the rear stock shock or replaced it? So far, on line, I can only find 2 aftermarket shocks. Both are air adjustable and cost over $900. That is totally over-the-top. I know I can't make my 900 ride like a 1700 Voyager, but I'd sure like to have a little more resistance on the bigger bumps. Any help on this area would be greatly appreciated. :confused: Thanks!!!

·
Registered
719 Posts
Had same thought. There has to a shock out there that will work, even from another bike, but finding the information is tough. Aftermarket folks need to put down the crack pipe and come back to reality on prices.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Progressive does have an adjustable heavy duty shock for $499, but that's still a bit pricey. A lot would depend on what the weight ratings are for the shock. If it's not significantly better, there'd be no point in it.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Any ideas out there about modifying the original? I know it's been done before with spacers and such.....calling all mechanical engineers/mod experts!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts