Registered
455 Posts
Saw some colored ones, that appear to be out of aluminium on ebay

·
Registered
231 Posts
Saw some colored ones, that appear to be out of aluminium on ebay
+1

Check "Vulcan 900 oil cap" on eBay. You'll see about 40 of them in all shapes and colors, including some that you do not need a quarter or screwdriver to remove, if you're into that kind of thing....
All are under twenty bucks. Cheap mod. :cool:

·
Registered
976 Posts
Yup, there are a bunch. I made the mistake and bought a ridged one with Vulcan scribed on the top. Of course when tightened this was at some odd angle and it was a pain to get off. Not as bad as that original slotted one. So now I have one with the tab on top and changing oil is a breeze. For about 15 bucks too.

Ebay is your friend.

·
Registered
397 Posts
No, I haven't paid anything. I can see how my wording isn't clear, but it's still only on the wish list. I haven't actually bought it. Just bringing it to his attention... :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
You paid 10 extra bucks for them to advertise on your bike.
HD riders do it all the time!
Personally, I might pony up the 15 bucks for a chrome oil cap that I can take off with Mk-1, Mod-0 fingers.....well...it's probably chromed plastic - like every friggin thing ELSE on the bike... :(

EDIT: HOLY CRAP! 30-bucks for the Cobra oil cap???!!! I need to buy more accessories for my HD....they're cheaper.... :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
+1

Check "Vulcan 900 oil cap" on eBay. You'll see about 40 of them in all shapes and colors, including some that you do not need a quarter or screwdriver to remove, if you're into that kind of thing....
All are under twenty bucks. Cheap mod. :cool:
That will work thanks

I dont like the stock cap because of the slot to turn it off and on

1 - 11 of 11 Posts